Seven

I rolled my eyes at Becca in annoyance and slowly removed the frozen pack of peas away from my nose

I rolled my eyes at Becca in annoyance and slowly removed the frozen pack of peas away from my nose. I placed it down on the counter and watch her look at my damage nose. She bit her lip before bursting into fits of laughter.

I groaned "stop laughing!"

"But's it's so funny!" She said between laughs of amusement

I arched a brow at her and pointed my index finger to my nose " how is this funny?"

She shrugged " it's just funny that you let her do this to you when you don't let anyone even near your face"

"And what's even more surprising is that you let her land a hit" she continued and stepped further into the kitchen. Taking a stool she dragged it near me and sat down. Her hair was pushed to aside as she placed her elbow on the counter and let her palms support her face.

"So how are you back so early from your mission?" I babble trying to change the subject.

She raised an eyebrow comically and let out an over exaggerant sigh. " Don't want to kiss and tell I see"

I grunt before passing a hand over my face but it resulted into me accidentally touching my aching nose. I let out a string of curses making Becca laugh at me. I was now a source of fucking amusement for her it had seemed.

" Careful there brother don't want you hurting your booboo" she mocked

" Again Becca why are you here, aren't you supposed to be on a mission ? I don't think father would be pleased if you fucked this up" I reminded her. Her face automatically turned sour at the mention of Robert. It was no secret that she hated the man even though he had took her in. I don't blame her though the dick sent her on missions she wasn't fond of, neither did I.

"He's not my father!" She spat out.

"And if you must know, my target had other plans" she smirked secretly. I raised my brows in question.

"What other plans exactly?" I asked already knowing the answer

She sighed like the conversation bored her to death " he had other plans and by plans I mean dying. He's a screamer I must say"

"You weren't supposed to kill the guy Becca, you were just supposed to lure him to bed and snoop around for the papers Robert needed" I declared

She shrugged before cleaning her nails like she had no bother in the world " I did warn the guy not to touch me , it was a reflex nothing personal." I snorted at her words. Reflex my ass!

She rolled her eyes " I did get the papers Robert needed, I already gave it to him, I just didn't mention the death part so let's keep it to ourselves"

"Oh you gave it to him already where is he?" I asked. I haven't seen him since morning but that was probably because I was busy fucking random girls.

"His in the study, Jace is with him" she mumbled.

My jaw ticked in irritation at the mention of Jace. We weren't very fond of each other if anything we hated each other to the core, despise even. I was still livid at the way he spoke to me that day I let officer Waters go. The asshole thought he could speak to me with authority, something he lacked among other things.He was my father's right hand man and thought he had a say in how I ran things.

I nodded at Becca before heading out of the kitchen. My back was tense and fist were clenched like I was ready for a fight. I just had a bad feeling about father and Jace being in a room alone together. Jace had worded out he's blantant hate towards me to him and unsurprisingly he didn't stand up for me. It wasn't a surprise that he didn't, the man never showed an ounce of affection towards me.

"Where are you going?" Becca yelled out at me her voice already drowning out as I walked up the stairs.

"And hear what they're talking about" I yelled back. Her silence confirmed that she had heard me and I continued my way up the stairs.

When I had reached the top stair I made my way to the study. It was the last room on the left, with a huge wooden door to block out anyone from the other side. When I had reached the door my feet got rooted when a familiar voice spoke up. I brought my head closer to the door and put my ear near it so I can listen to them speak.

" I knew I should have killed him the moment I found out, he's proven that he's useless just like his own father" a voice that was Robert's own spat out. He seemed vex at the tone of his voice.

"It's not too late, we can kill him now" Jace spoke up

It had seemed that Robert didn't acknowledge what Jace had said because he continued to rage on. "I need to kill him, I should have when his slut of a mother slept with my brother and got pregnant for that bastard! I should have killed him then just like I killed Collin and Lissa"

My heart dropped to the pit of my stomach at his words. I knew Collins was Robert's identical twin brother and Lissa was my mother's name. Realization hit me at the meaning of his words. He had killed his own brother and my mother. Not only that but I think he was referring to me as their son.

"You should of seen their face when I confronted them and announced that I was infertile. Their faces were priceless. They didn't know I knew of their affair and I had never mention I couldn't father children to Lissa" he laughed

"My brother was always the one to get the girl, with his perfect good boy persona and shit, I knew that whore would spread her legs eventually for him. I married that bitch so I could get her riches and that's exactly what I gained, now their son is trying to fuck up everything I worked hard for, I have no fucking idea why I raised that brat as my son, I should have killed him along with his parents." He grumbled and a glass shattering broke the little silence.

Rage filled my body and I backed away from the door slowly, making sure that my feet didn't make a sound to notify them that somebody was near. I headed to my room and locked the door behind me.

My feet padded against the tiled floors as I walked towards the closet and took out a huge duffle bag. I was getting the fuck out of here and I knew exactly where I was heading.

*What are your thoughts on Robert? He's a darling isn't he?😂🤣🤣