We need to talk

We need to talk is line that gives me shivers, a line that  I thought I'd never hear. We'll hear we are. A Saturday morning my mom and dad told me that they could no longer be together and that they are getting a divorce. I saw it coming,I mean , they were always arguing about the biggest and smallest things and about me. I just never thought it would actually happen... Quick they asked to choose who I wanted to stay with...

Me: "I don't know can I think about it?"

Mom: "Look,I  know it's a hard decision and you can think for as long as you want ."

I didn't know what to say, I mean, I've never had to choose between the two people I love! The next day, I  go  to  school and I see my best friend Leia...

Leia:"How are you feeling?"

Me:" I just don't want people to treat me differently just because I'm going through this!"

Leia: "Ok I'll try!"

Then a few blocks away I see my boyfriend Daniel...

Daniel:" Hey sunshine! Are you ok?"

The thing is , me and him have been really distant lately and I haven't been feeling the same as I did about him! So I decided it would be the time I tell him how I feel ! Just like my parents! Everything has been a lie from the moment they met, their love and my existence!

Me: "Look, you're a really nice guy but we just haven't been on the same page lately and-..."

Daniel: "Stop right there, what ever I did wrong i'm so sorry but please give me a second chance!"

Me: "You'll find a girl who loves you,I  have no doubt about that! Goodbye Daniel!"

Daniel: "Please Issys ! Give me a chance!  I LOVE YOU!!"

I had to do it , even if I broke his heart it's for the better, for the both of us! After that I went to class still thinking about who I was supposed to stay with, my dad or my mom...