42

chapter forty two
"that's what she said"

———

"SO, THEY KEEP MONEY OUT here?

Lynn peered out the window of the moving van, her eyes landing on a ragged house that barely looked like it was still standing. The crew were on their way to the warehouse where the woman said they keep all extra cash, except it was a stretch of road that none of the Pogues even heard of before.

"I don't know who the hell would want to keep money out here," Lynn explained, raising an eyebrow as she saw a rugged loose dog just wondering aimlessly around a yard. "This place is a shitshow, who in their right minds would willingly keep money out here?"

Lynn and JJ were sitting behind John B in the drivers seat, where JJ was on the actual cushion and Lynn was laying between his legs; similar to movie night. He had been playing with her hair for a bit, but gained the eyes of Pope and Kie, and suddenly felt a bit awkward. So, he went to playing with the nugget of gold while she traced some random small scars JJ had racked up on his legs throughout the years doing dumb shit.

"I don't know, that's what she said," JJ shrugged, and then instantly, both blondes glanced up to each other excitedly, and spoke at the same time. "That's what she said!"

"Stop."

Both Lynn and JJ pouted a bit at Pope being unamusing as per usual, but still, smiled when they met eye contact over the joke.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive," Sarah spoke up, ignoring the little joke shared between Lynn and JJ.

"It's 'cause you're rich," JJ replied, but Lynn pinched his arm a bit as he was being rude to her new friend.

"You've never heard of it either," Lynn countered, and then sent Sarah a warm smile in the front seat. "None of us have."

"Thank you."

Lynn had a bad feeling in her stomach, maybe probably the idea of a sketch warehouse in the middle of no where to get eighty thousand dollars for their poorly melted down gold seemed odd.

"There's nothing but weeds back here," Kie grumbled, and Lynn only nodded in agreement, seeing yet another basically crumbled down house passing by.

"Alright, just 'cause it's just weeds, doesn't mean it's, like—"

The whole crew were instantly interrupted when they heard sudden cop sirens behind them, and their lips all opened in awe as they were completely shocked. Lynn glanced over to JJ, who looked a bit worried as his adam's apple bobbed.

"Cops? Out here?"

"Are you shitting me?" Lynn scoffed, peering past Kie and Pope, who were both turned around while steadily watching the cop car pull up behind them.

"What did we do?" Sarah asked questionably, and Lynn only popped her jaw out in annoyance.

"Stash that," John B mumbled quickly towards JJ and Lynn, and quickly the blonde boy and girl started fumbling around with their pockets. Lynn was carrying the usual juul JJ had, and stuffed it in her bra after a second.