2

Mr Holbrook and 303 headed to the principal entry, the commander Strathmore was expecting their visit.

- Greetings. I hope everything is under control unless there is something we should worry about. severe, 303 managed to hide the worrying expression of her diamond face.

Commander Strathmore remained silent, neuter expression lied on his tired face preventing any tentative to read it.

- The case we have to deal with now is unlike any other case we have dealt with. Retorted the 60 years old man grave.

- I believe the MI6 has faced the most fatal dilemmas. Riposted Johnny Holbrook confident.

The long glorious history of the MI6 is to send in fear and anxiety in the most vulnerable creatures.

- No one can deny that the MI6 has eliminated the greatest danger threatening humanity, Cynthia.

- We should reconsider the word Eliminate.

- What do you mean?

Left in his own ignorance of the mysterious reply of Commander Strathmore, Agent Holbrook manifested one more time his no readiness to be a secret agent. 303 got the full meaning of the sentence; she knew that Cynthia is back to seek revenge.

- I apologise, Sir, Cynthia is dead. How can she back from death? Asked agent Holbrook finally understanding the commander's statement.

- I remind you that the cadaver the agents found did not belong to her. Remarked 303.

- This can't be true!

- Mr Holbrook, 303 is right. However, we still can't confirm due to the lack of evidence. Replied The Great commander after a long silence.

Johnny Holbrook was left speechless. This reveal was not among his expectations.

- Holbrook, I did not call out for your presence to start asking questions. We are facing a serial killer, with 3 murders till now. You need to act, quickly.

- This is a case we can handle. We are used to dealing with serial killers unless it is really Cynthia.

- No, I believe this killer is imitating Cynthia.

- How? Asked Johnny, Intrigued. 303 remained silent.

- He is adopting her same moves, same killing pattern, same victims, same places, same procedure. Your job is to prevent the next murder, Hurry, before it is too late!

- Of course, we will be at your expectations! declared Johnny excited.

Since the conversion of the 2 men started, 303 was lost in her own memories, memories of the past. She did not notice her tears flopping over slim cheeks of hers until Mr. Holbrook stopped talking While the 2 men kept talking, no one noticed the single tear that fell over the beautiful cheek of agent 303. Cynthia has devastated her. She had never expected that her best friend could be her worst enemy one day.

That was the first time Johnny saw the 303 crying. It was a real shock for him: 303 was an inspiration, a hero, a saver, the best agent in the MI6: Seeing her cry is rare, impossible. Here she is now breaking down in the office of the GC.

- Kate, I know it's difficult, but maybe it's time for you to confront your fears and beat them because I know you are up to it.

Kate stayed silent.

- Mr Holbrook do you mind leaving us alone? I need some time with the agent 303.

Agent Holbrook didn't need to be begged, he left the office immediately.

- Kate, I acknowledge it's hard for you. But you can't let this get over you because you are stronger than all of it. This is your chance to beat your fears; you need to find this killer as soon as possible. Don't disappoint me.

- I'm sorry Sir. I can't take this mission. Replied Kate after a considerable moment of silence.

- Agent 303 this is not a request, this is an order.

- Sir, I recognise that you want me to take this mission, but I would be very grateful if you give it to someone else. You clearly know that I'm not up to this mission, not even up to her... Answered 303, sadness clear on her voice.

- You are the best agent in the MI6; I can't give such a serious case to a normal agent. You have experience, you have skills, and you have potential.

- You realise that I failed once, I can fail again. This is not my type of cases. I can't deal with that again...

- Agent 303 Stop! I will say it again: this is not a request, this is an order! You will take this mission, and agent Holbrook will be your partner. Period! Now please go and get ready, you need to find this murderer before he can commit more murders!

- I guess I don't have any other options Sir. Said 303 with a tone of sadness and despair.

MI6: Chasing CynthiaOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara