Day 3

Day 3: Week 1 || Lies

Rainbow Dash woke up the next morning feeling warm inside. She didn't understand why her body was so hot after waking up. Well, she does have thick cloud-like covers that always make her sweat at night. Maybe that was it? Speaking of sweat, she really needed to take a shower. She smelled like she had run three marathons the night before. She couldn't breathe without gagging at herself. Yeah, that bad.

She took a long, 40 minute shower to make sure all of the nasty bacteria on her body died so she didn't smell like garbage anymore. She dressed into black leggings and an oversized blue hoodie for comfort. A black elastic band on her dresser caught her attention, and she used it to tie her hair into a high ponytail. Beside her dresser was another long mirror that she could she her entire body with. She turned so her back was facing the mirror and lifted up the back of the hoodie so she was staring directly at her ass.

"Damn, Dash. That's one hell of an ass," she complimented herself. She clicked her tongue at the sight and pulled the hoodie back over it.

She checked the time in her phone and smiled as she saw she didn't wake up too early or too late. It was just a couple minutes past her breakfast time, so she ran down the stairs to make something for her and Soarin to eat.

Speaking of Soarin, why was he all of a sudden being so affectionate? He said himself that he misses yelling and fighting with her. He never mentioned forehead kisses. Did he know she was actually awake? Maybe he was teasing her again. Who knows?

The real question is why she didn't smack him for doing so. If it was any other day, he would've gotten twenty punches in the face. Dash blushed upon remembering how careful he was with her when he carried her up the stairs. Why didn't he just leave her on the couch? What difference would it have made? He knew she could sleep just about anywhere without a problem.

As she walked down the stairs, she smelled the aroma of food from the kitchen, making her mouth water. Was Soarin making breakfast already? She made her way unto the kitchen and saw him turning the knob of one of the stove tops to "OFF". The table was already set with pancakes, eggs, hash browns, and different kinds of fruit.

"Good morning, Dasherina!" Soarin greeted as he placed two cups on the table filled with orange juice.

"H-Hi," she replied, though her attention was on the neatly set table. She was going to have to step her game up is she was going to top this. "Why did you make breakfast? I was gonna do it."

"Well, I told you I was going to fix the mistake I made two days ago, and that's just what I'm doing." He took her hand and led her to the table. He pulled out a chair and gestured for her to sit. She did as he requested and he pushed her chair in. He took a seat directly across from her.

"I just feel like you're being abnormally nice to me," she pointed out. Soarin laughed as he fixed a plate for himself.

"Do you want me to be mean to you?"

"N-No! I . . ." Dash trailed off and thought to herself for a second. Is it wrong for him to just want to be friends? Why was she bothered by something she should be glad was happening? "Thank you, Soarin." She proceeded to fix a plate for herself as well, but she realized he had already done it for her. Something must be wrong with her peripheral vision and/or sense of smell if she didn't notice a plate full of food in front of her.

"It was nothing," he replied humbly.

Dash grabbed the syrup bottle beside her and squirted some of its contents on her waffles. As the syrup spread into the holes of the waffles, her eyes landed on Soarin, who was quietly eating his breakfast. The window beside them allowed the sun to shine through and directly hit him with its rays.