Unexpected Visitor

It all seemed like a completely normal day for me. My name is Mhari and I happen to still live with my parents at the age of 24.

I had returned home from a drive when my father starts harping in my ear about where I had been and what I was doing out. I had my own life as well as my own car, plus I was more than old enough to leave the house without my father having to give me permission in order to leave said house.

"I had just gone out for a short drive." I quickly responded. "I've been having a lot on my mind lately and you know thats one way that I clear my mind."

"Oh really?" My father answered, crossing his arms in disbelief, just looking down at me, silently judging. I hated it when he did that.

"I didn't know I was a prisoner in my own home. What's wrong with a simple drive?"

"Nothing. I just don't understand why you still wear that around your neck." He responded, pointing at the Millennium Puzzle that I had just recently bought online.

Naturally, I got really defensive and wanted to snap but I couldn't bring myself to it. Instead I just said "Because it looks nice."

I am a very shy and timid person, especially with my father since he's in the Armed Forces.

Taking a deep sigh, I made my way over to the couch in the back end of the living room and sat myself down in the corner. Turning on my PlayStation, I went straight to my Netflix account to continue watching Yu-Gi-Oh, an anime that I hadn't seen since I was a child. There was just something about it, maybe it was the colours, or the character designs, or maybe even the voices themselves. I just can't pinpoint what it is, but there is always one, well technically two, characters who make my heart melt the second they step into the screen. Yugi Muto and Pharaoh Atem.

"I still don't understand why you insist on watching those cartoons." My dad suddenly chimed in, breaking me out of my daydream, causing me to snap up at him.

"I don't judge you when you watch porn on the main computer now do I?! So stop judging me when I'm watching, and I quote 'cartoons'." I growled at him.

He just left me alone at that point and went on with his life, getting ready for work. Honestly, some days I wish I could just escape from my life here and go to Domino City. Perhaps I should be more careful what I wish for.

Later that evening, I was laying in bed, playing a game on my phone when my eyes begin to get heavy, signalling that I was time for me to go to sleep.

"Good night, Yami. Look after me while I'm asleep." I say to the Yami Yugi pop figurine I have beside my bed before putting my phone away and falling asleep for the night.

I really should have been careful with my own mental words earlier that day as little did I know that during the night, my millennium puzzle started to glow, almost like it was sending me somewhere while I slept.

Yes, I sleep with the puzzle as well, don't judge me!

It wasn't until I hear birds chirping that I finally decided to come to. However, it wasn't just birds chirping that awoke me from my slumber. I had heard a males voice, and of course I automatically thought it was my dad harping into my ear saying I'd slept in late again, but no. This voice wasn't anywhere as deep as my father's....

It was more so like a gentle breeze, soft and calming. I slowly opened my eyes to see a young boy with Black hair, blond streaks jetting out the sides of his fringe and a small blond lightning bolt at the front. Around the edges of his jet black hair was magenta colouring. Where the?...

It took a moment for everything to register before I shot up, gasping loudly and looked around the room before over at the young boy.

"Y-Your... Your Yugi Muto!" I exclaimed, clearly shocked.

"Calm down, everything will be ok." Yugi responded with a soft smile spread across his lips. "You just appeared during the night, almost as if by magic."

"I doubt it was magic Yugi." Spoke a taller, more mature male. However, what caught me off guard the most was that this male... Was a spirit?!

"Ahh!!" I screamed, stumbling out the bed, groaning deeply as my head hit the wooden floor boards under the bed.

"Are you ok?!" Yugi asked, clearly worried before offering a hand to me to allow myself to be pulled up.

"Y-Yeah..." I responded, pulling myself back into the bed and just stared at Yugi then to the Pharaoh. "I just.. wasn't expecting to be able to see the Pharaoh so easily..."

Well that certainly made Yugi and the Pharaoh dart glances at one another before back at me.

"You mean you can see Atem!?" Yugi exclaimed, grabbing my hands in excitement, to which I simply nodded.

"Huh, nobody has been able to see me before." Atem responded before leaning in close, having a very good look at me before noticing the millennium puzzle around my neck. "Yugi, take a look at that."

Yugi blinked before looking down at the puzzle around my neck, reaching forward to gently grab it.

"Wow, how did you get this?" Yugi asked.

"I-I just bought it online... Why? Is that bad?.."

"No no, it's not bad, my dear." Responded Atem, a gentle smile gracing his features. "We were just wondering how there could be a second Millennium Puzzle in the world.

"O-Oh... Well I can't answer that question for you I'm afraid." I shyly giggle, rubbing the back of my head.

"You must have hit your head pretty hard. Why don't you lay down again and close your eyes. We'll look after you."

We'll look after you? That's exactly what I said to my Yami Yugi pop figurine next to my best side... It can't be a coincidence... Can it?