Chapter Four: Unexpected Visitor

Jeongin rolls over with a groan, his bones cracking with every movement. Peeling his eyes open, he grabs blindly for his phone to stop the insistent ringing. Once he succeeds, he lays on his back staring at the ceiling, dreading the school day ahead of him.

He slept for most of the day before, he woke shortly before his parents got home from work. Surprisingly there was no yelling. They acted as if he hadn't been missing for hours and not answering their phone calls. They ate dinner in peaceful silence and then went to do their own things before bed.

Now it was the next day, Jeongin has to be at school in less than an hour. Thank god it is his last year of high school, he would probably kill over if he had to go through high school any longer. With a groan, he pushes himself off of his bed and begins his morning routine.

Jeongin had accidentally left his skateboard in Hyunjin's car the other night, so he's forced to walk to school this morning. He also stupidly forgot to ask for Hyunjin's number, not that he really needs it, he is just a dude that hit him with his car. He shouldn't want to see him so much again, but could you blame him? That man was fine.

The beginning of the school day flies by, he doesn't have any friends in his earlier classes so he tries his hardest to pay attention to the teachers while he thinks about Hyunjin and his friends. Now that he isn't sleep deprived and in slight shock, he finds the whole interaction odd. Hyunjin's friend, Changbin he thinks his name was, was shot for God's sake. They didn't take him to the hospital. They live in a very large house with a medical bay in the basement, and apparently Hyunjin has some sort of medical background. The whole thing screams sketchy and yet, they were so kind to him, they didn't seem like bad people.

The bell ringing for lunch jerks him out of his thoughts. He gathers his things and waits by his classroom door for Seungmin. Once he sees him, he simply looks him up and down and says, "I know something happened, so spill." "Okay, but it's kind of a long story."

They walk outside to their favorite lunch spot; under a large apple tree, far from the other noisy students. Once they settle down, Seungmin gives him a pointed look.

Jeongin starts with a sigh, "So, I got hit by a car-" "WHAT-" "but it's okay because the dude is hot." Seungmin pauses at that. "Okay, he's hot, I'm very intrigued, continue." So Jeongin does, he explains everything in rough detail, trying not to leave anything out.

"Okay, first of all, I'm glad you're not hurt, well, too badly. Secondly, they sound hella sketch, like who in the hell gets shot first off, not only that, but also doesn't go to the hospital for said wound?"

"I don't know man, I know as much as you do, all I know is that they seemed like good people," Jeongin bites into the apple that he has been munching on the better half of the time they've been talking. The shrill sound of the bell sounds, signaling the end of lunch.

"I'm coming over after school and we're talking about this more," Seungmin says as he gathers all of his belongings. His tone is final, even if Jeongin wanted to protest, he couldn't. "Sir, yes sir." With that they agree to meet in front of the school and walk together. Seungmin has student council things to do for the rest of the day so he won't be attending his normal classes with Jeongin today.

The rest of the day passes in a blur. Before he knows it, Jeongin is standing on the sidewalk a little ways from the school entrance, watching Seungmin walk down the stairs. They simply nod at each other and start the walk to Jeongin's home. They get a bit away from their school, still in seeing distance but not close enough to be surrounded by students, when a car pulls up next to them. Jeongin tries to ignore it, thinks that it is just another student or parent waiting on someone. Then he takes a closer look and recognizes the vehicle. The window rolls down.