TWENTY NINE

━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━
BASEHEAD
━━ ☆ ★ ☆ ━━

Atlanta rested her head on JJ's lap as his fingers combed through her brown hair. The brunette couldn't help but smile at how soothing it was. She felt at peace, she felt safe.

"So they keep money out here?" Pope questioned as he looked out of the window. Atlanta hated this part of the town, it was where Campbell lived with his 'friend' Barry.

"That's what she said." JJ shrugged and paused before realising what he said. JJ let out a small chuckle and muttered, "That's what she said."

"Stop." Pope demanded making JJ's smile falter.

Atlanta sat upright, placed a kiss on his cheek and grabbed his hand. His thumb ran over her knuckles soothingly, he offered her a lopsided smile in return.

"I've never even heard of Resurrection Drive." Sarah said turning to face the others. Sarah rode shot gun with John B driving.

"I can't say I have heard of it either and me and B come down her at least twice every week to pick Campbell up." Atlanta shrugged.

The girl had picked Campbell up alone once and since then she refused to do it again, so Barnaby always came with her or she always went with him.

"That's cause you guys are rich." JJ muttered teasingly.

"You've never heard of it either." Kie spat towards JJ, who lowered his head shamefully.

"Thank you." Sarah muttered, making eye contact with Atlanta and sending her a playful wink.

"There's nothing but weeds back here." Kie pointed out, they were surrounded by long grass that desperately needed to be cut and over grown trees.

"Alright, just cause it's just weeds doesn't mean it's like,-" JJ was cut off by the sound of a cop cars sirens.

Atlanta's eyes widened, wondering what the fuck she was going to do and how she was going to explain it to her father that she had a clump of gold in the van. It wasn't exactly something that you saw every day.

"Cops out here?" Kie questioned confused.

"My dad is gonna kill me." Atlanta muttered, if she got brought into the station her dad would practically murder her.

"God are you kidding me man?" JJ shouted angrily.

"What did we do?" Sarah questioned placing a hand on Atlanta's shoulder.

Atlanta smiled to her best friend, who could see she was anxious about her father finding out. She had a lot to lose. If she got taken into the station her father would ban her from hanging around with JJ for sure.

"Why are we getting pulled over?" Pope questioned, also slightly panicked, he didn't want to lose his scholarship.

"I hate cops." JJ muttered and turned to Atlanta who's brows were raised. "No offence."

"Did you bring the gun?" John B questioned hitting JJ's shoulder.

Atlanta looked to JJ hopefully, she didn't want him to have the gun on him. If he did, they were all going to be taken in for sure.

"No okay? Everybody told me to leave it back at the place." JJ said as he wrapped up the gold and hid it under his seat, hoping that the cops were stupid enough not to find it.

"Thank God! Please just everything else in your bag. How much weed do you have on you bro?" Kie questioned as JJ and Pope fiddled around.

"Sir." John B turned to face the officer who had pulled them over, but instead was met with the sound of a gun cocking and being pointed at him.