Part 4(a)

It has been 20 days that Arnav came to Rishikesh along with Payal and Khushi. Someone has suggested that the wonderful climate, ashram culture and extensive meditation might work with Khushi. Its been 2 years and there is not much improvement from her regular therapy. Initially no one agreed for the proposal because she is undergoing treatment from one of the Indian finest therapist. And for emergencies they always had some or other hospital.

Akash was dead against because he has seen the level of panic attacks she gets sometimes. It was Arnav who was adamant to try out. He didn't want to loose any chance or choice for Khushi treatment. He don't want to regret in future may be that might have worked. The adamant and stubborn Chote doesn't listen to anyone and will do anything by hook or crook to get what he wants. And Raizadas and guptas know well if the matter is about Khushi he doesn't even listen to Khushi. Akash and Anjali decided they will stay back in Delhi for the business and Arnav no way was going to leave Khushi.

With in a 3 weeks of meditation Khushi has shown slight improvement which they didn't find in these 2 years with her regular therapist. First being - during breakfast time she sat near Arnav and Payal and has smiled a little when their servant Jaiprakash has accidentally spilled over coffee on Arnav shirt and Arnav has used his favorite line "What the"

If a small burn can make her smile, Arnav would burn a little every day for keeping that smile in tact. Frankly he can do that. Today is Sunday and Akash has arrived in the morning to check on both Payal and Khushi. He was stunned to see Khushi moving freely here and there and not standing somewhere watching into nothing.

"Wow we should have a party," Akash decided but then Khushi simply went into the room and slept without saying no but anyways saying she don't want to come out. Helpless Akash and Payal has left to spend some quality time for themselves and to explore the city a little.

Its been 2 hours they went out. Khushi is hungry and she is very much aware there is only Arnav in the house as Jai prakash went out to fetch some groceries. She is hungry and helpless and surprisingly she has observed that she is feeling more and more hungry. She knows Arnav will never come in her path. He didn't come near the room she and Payal shared for past 20 days. She knows Jai Prakash must have kept something for her to eat if she is hungry. Frankly it is lunch time and why is Arnav not making any attempt to call her? she doubted.

She took all the courage and came out of the her bedroom which is just adjacent to Arnav bedroom and peeped into this room to see if Arnav is in the bedroom but she didn't find him. With no one at home she went to Kitchen to make herself something for the lunch. She is irritated, hungry, agitated and first of all felt ignored that no one has thought about her. She is like this from childhood. She knows she is being kiddish and little jealous if she don't get attention but then its not her mistake too. All have pampered her so much. She has her parents, then Naniji, Dadiji who rarely visits, then the long list of Raj bhaiyya, anji Di, Akash bhai, Payal Di and most importantly Arnav who has spoiled her too much.

She is in her own past thoughts that she didn't see Arnav standing there cooking something. When she collided with him she understood Arnav is also there in Kitchen. She shirked and even though she don't want to shout, she anyway shouted out of habit. He didn't touch her, she collided with him but then her rational mind never works when she is panic.

Before she could stop her big mouth she said "Why are you here?"

Arnav just answered "Generally people do cook in kitchen, Khushi. And I think I am doing just that. Between you and me you very well know I can cook better, so I am doing that. It's lunch time for normal people and I don't know about you but then I am damn hungry and I want to eat."

"I don't want to eat anything you cook for me, I just don't want."

"Ok, can understand." Arnav answered

He could see Khushi shocked face from the kitchen mirror. She didn't like he is not trying or requesting or ordering her just like he does all the time. And he love this riling up Khushi phase and their tom and jerry phase. He will be an idiot if he looses this chance of riling her up and making her talk to him a little more. If he just request her, she will calmly go to dining table and wait for the food and eat it in silence. But then this would be a fun game.

She stomped her foot and was about to leave the kitchen when she tripped and has fallen on the floor flat. Arnav just hurried and checked if she had any injuries and asked his famous quote of "Tum theek ho," which gives goosebumps every time he asks that. She just thrashed his hands on her and said "Don't touch me." He flinched at her voice but then didn't show anything and just said "Sorry."

She really felt bad for hurting Arnav each and every time but can't help. The silly idiotic things they both did before 2 years has costed 2 lives and one person who has been deeply affected because of their favorite sent to jail. She can never forgive herself. She is guilty and thinks she was behind all this because she is too much involved in Arnav so much she didn't observe things happening. She feels guilty for the lives she disturbed because of her childishness and their jealous ego tussle they played between them.

"Why only me, Khushi?" he enquired. She knows exactly what he asked but she just don't want to address it now. She is hyper, errant, hungry and most of all irritated at the current moment.

"Excuse me, if you finish cooking. I have to cook myself." She said

And that bloody smirk is back on his face. If she was in normal senses she would have kicked him for smirking on her helplessness. "Actually in 5 minutes I will finish my cooking, you can take the kitchen after that. You didn't ask but it is my responsibility to inform you, the pasta looks amazing and fortunately or unfortunately I have cooked for 2. Just informing you."

She just sat on the table waiting for him to finish, so that she can eat whatever he cooked. He came and has served himself and started eating. When she is staring him continuously without blinking, he just said "What?"

"Unbelievable don't you want to ask me to eat."

"Khushi I have offered but you dismissed and said you want to cook. I was just thinking you will cook. See you were always hungry for some particular thing."

She knows what he is trying to say, she bloody knows it.