Take Me Home

Warnings- CRYING UNTIL YOUR FACE IS NUMB, oh and also death

Word Count- 1,659

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Peter POV-

Rain poured down on my exposed skin as I looked down at all the people I had to save. And that's all that mattered, that the people were safe. Even if it meant that I'd spend my last breath with a lair. A man who was the death of me. Or, about to be. Beck had a timer for a bomb with the power to destroy all of London on himself. Because of this, I had get Beck someplace where he couldn't hurt anyone. Unfortunately for him, I knew just the place. I limped over to him and grabbed him by his shirt collar.

"All of this death! All of it...is for what?!"

Beck smirked under his blood soaked face as he looked at me.

"My goal was never to become the villain, but you gave me no choice! So, I decided, I'll be the villain to kill Spider-Man. People everywhere will fear my name."

"But you'll be dead!"

"True. Dead but not forgotten. I will be history."

"So all of this...this death and destruction, was all to kill me? So that you'd be remembered?"

"Yes, because that's all that matters, isn't it? Leaving your mark."

"No! Not like this..."

"NOT ALL OF US HAVE A CHOICE!"

"YOU ALWAYS HAVE A CHOICE! What matters is if you make the right one or not."

Inside of my body, I could feel the anger rising up in me. But, before I could act on it, I heard a small beeping. Instantly, I looked down at the timer, it read 1 minute. I shook my head, I was too late. There was no other way.

"You're sick, Beck."

Beck's face turned into rage before answering. He opened his mouth to reply but no sound came out. But then, everything about him changed. I could feel his body become less tense and his eyes held a soft and dull look.

"I'm not sick. I'm twisted. Sick makes it sound like there's a cure."

30 seconds left.

"And now, you'll pay the price. I'm not going to let you kill thousands of innocent people."

Beck looked up at me, his face filled with sadness and anger at the same time.

"You can't stop it."

"In fact, I can."

I jumped off of the bridge. The water below was freezing, it surrounded me, gripping me. Even though it paralyzed me for a second, I knew I had to keep going. So, I swam. Down, down, down, until black surround me. The only light was coming from the timer. I closed my eyes, waiting for impact. 3...2...1...BANG! The once clam and still water burst all around me. Water flooded my vision, my body was shoved backwards, then forward, until I lost control of my senses. Maybe it was the fact that I was dying, but I seemed to hear voices. It was a blur, but I made out one voice that made my heart leap. And it said:

"C'mon, Pete. It's time to come home."

The voice was so calm that I was okay with letting go. Ok with letting the light engulf me. So, I let the voices consume me and then, there was nothing.

...

Mumbling. A mumbling voice seemed to be calling me.

"Just five more minutes..."