Reports 7-10: Fall of Mordor

Travelers, Indeed!

Well, can you believe this? Today we found two Hobbits and their stinking friend out in the middle of nowhere, and they claim they are merely innocent travelers! With all the spies of Sauron about, Lord Faramir is not certain they are trustworthy. I concur. As such we blinded them and brought them to our secret outpost, where they are now our captives. I don't suppose I'll ever like their skulking friend, he's just too....creepy. Gollum, he calls himself. The Hobbits introduced themselves as Frodo Baggins of the Shire, and Sam Gamgee, Frodo's gardener. What's this? They've most unwittingly revealed their true purpose—to go to Mordor and destroy the One Ring! I almost fall over in surprise and shock! Lord Faramir told the Hobbits they will leave tomorrow, with some provision from us. But first, we must sup with them. ~After he stuffs himself~ Lord Faramir tells the Hobbits news from abroad; the one called Frodo seems to slowly relax, while the one named Sam seems ready to defend Frodo should any of us turn traitor. Gollum shrinks against the wall, making horrid faces whenever I look at him; I feel a sudden chill creep up my spine. ~Early the next morning~ though I stay, I still rise early to see them off. Provisions are given, farewells are said all around. Mark my words; the skulking one is no friend. ~

Visit to Isengard

I must rush to write; I was one of the chosen to witness Gandalf the White call for information from Saruman of Isengard. I confess to fear, for I've never dealt with Wizards or their towers; but in obedience to King Theoden, who is also coming, I go. ~At Isengard~ my nervousness has melted. Why must we be so against Saruman, anyway? His voice is so wise, so musical...what have I just written? Am I mad? He has hypnotized me! I must write reason! Gandalf stands on the top of the stair, pleading for Saruman to consider reason. What's this? Saruman left the balcony, but he threw something! A ball of some sort! It circles around Gandalf's head, and falls to his hand. A palantir, Gandalf calls it! It must be a treasure; Gandalf and his company quickly hide it away. I just witnessed history! ~

Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha! Ha!

~Exclusive two-part report!~ (part one) I have brought the ratss to the trap! They didn't give me what I wanted, so I'll take it...after they're dead! And I'll NEVER let ANYONE take it from me again! I wait just outside her lair, waiting for the empty clothes, when she is ready to feed. Precious, precious, give me the precious!!! What's this? Aurgh! It's the Master! He escaped! Ah! Precious! No! ~Loses sight of 'Master'~ That's it! That's truly it!! If I can't get it now, I'll go to the Eye and cut him off! Precious! Gollum! Gollum!

(part two) I write to settle my utter shock. Aragorn, heir to the throne of Gondor, suggests we march to Mordor, and start a war to distract Sauron! That's the craziest thing I've ever heard! Start a war, to distract Sauron?!...What are we waiting for? ~

We did it!

~Another exclusive two-part report~ (part one) I can't believe it!!! It's done! At the cost of dear Mr. Frodo's finger, the whole world is right again. Hard to believe after a year, evil is just gone...now I can go home, trim Mr. Frodo's hedges, and marry Rosie with him lookin' on proper. But first, Strider—oh sorry, I mean Aragorn—is havin' his coronation today! Imagine, Hamfast Gamgee's son will be attendin' a royal coronation in Minas Tirith itself. ~sigh~ There'll be a lot to get used to, won't there?...~at the Shire, a year after the coronation~ I can't even describe my sorrows; it fills up my insides like too much ale, threatening to spill out if I think too much. Mr. Frodo, dear Mr. Frodo, is goin' away with the Elves, and I can't go with him. Not this time, he says. Yes, much to get used to...

(part two) What an adventure! New changes are happening left and right; I love it! What a happy ending! Aragorn and Arwen are married, the Ring is destroyed, and we're back in Buckland! Excuse me, but I'll go smoke outside and be happy now. ~