Prologue: Galaxies

The Sky all those years ago made a pact with the Sun and the Moon. To bring forth a daily cycle that would help with the proper upbringing of a certain child. And that child was named Gaea, that is the name the Sky had bestowed upon her. But, the Sky themselves did not have what it takes to raise the newly formed diety.

Needing a father and mother figure for the newborn, the Sky knew it could not fill in either of those roles. That is why they had reached out to the Sun and Moon. The Moon would take on the position of a mother and the Sun the father, but a problem that had spanned for eons had kept this pact from being made for over a million years. Leaving Gaea to live in a cold sleep like state, that is now known as one of the long forgotten ice ages.

The Sun and The Moon had been in conflict, despising one another and constantly in a never ending war. Two sides with completely different powers and in this case, opposites did not attract. Not wanting to waste anymore time, the Sky came to each one of them individually and in secret, whispering sweet nothings into their ears. Telling them that they'd help them win the long standing battle, the two knowing the might of The Sky agreed to the pact having no idea that they had been swindled of their freedom. A magical pact holding only them responsible for any violations, they realized this only when both of them has come to take care of the child. And soon thereafter the Sky went into a deep slumber.

Unable to cope with this, they gave Gaea only a minimum amount of attention and care, but slowly they came to love the free spirited child who created things far out of their scope. At first it was greenery and slow microscopic creatures floating in the water. Then it was reptilians, winged ones, animals and soon humans.

Humans were an odd creation and Gaea loved them dearly, they were intelligent, crafty and naturally at the top of the food chain. They developed things even Gaea couldn't, a mini civilization of gods who couldn't even handle the divine powers given to them or even realize that they even had them. Only a certain few were able to use those powers of theirs and with the help of those powers countries and kingdoms were built, humans started to vary in appearance, culture and language.

It became quite the shock when they were suddenly aware that the Sun, Moon and Gaea were gods that they must revere and give respect to. It might have been their inherent subconscious mind knowing that these three are their birth parents, allowing them to live and frolic. Religions were now being born for the three, but a strange inequality began.

Gaea had the least amount of believers, but even then, they were content with what she had. It was the Sun and Moon who even with the humans had a power struggle. The people poured their divine powers towards the two and in turn they both grew in strength, but the Moon was lagging behind as her mortal enemy the Sun grew ever stronger than her. Forced to hide behind the glory of her rival, she dipped down close to Gaea and gave her believers magic. Magic that harnessed the darkness, shadows and everything living within it, but with this blessing came a curse, that curse was the inability to use divine powers. A power that the Sun could never give, in an attempt to weaken the Moon, he made his believers shun the ones under the Moon's reign, but that only allowed them to grow in the dark. Letting their hatred ferment and steadily increase, swearing to tear down the Divines. The Divines are a name given to those who associate with the religion of the Sun and the Lunes are for the believers related to the Moon.

Wars waged between the two as centuries passed by, new kingdoms were created and even some became empires. And in one little empire there stood a new tale was about to be unraveled, it would be known as a legendary myth, passed down from mother or father to child. This very myth will revel in it's new status as a god, a god that did not come from either of the three ruling deities, but the one long forgotten.

A girl gazing at the world above, bowed her head before staring once again at the places beyond Gaea's control and said words that only she will be able to know the meaning of.

"The Sky has opened it's eyes."