Meeting The Big Boss (2)

"What  do you want from me,dog?"
Kei asked.

The child looking 7 years old grind his teeth and glares at him.

"I-I am lost."

"Pfft." Unrestraint laughter. Kei is laughing so loud and happily as he point at the boy. "Are you stupid? Even dogs know how to go back home."

The boy is glaring so much tears are forming his eyes.

Kei doesn't care but he stops laughing.
"What are you glaring? Am I the reason you got lost? Stop glaring at me or I'll poke your damn eyes."

The boy grab the hem of his shirt and become anxious.

"Can I borrow your phone? I need to call my brother." He said and looks at Kei.

Kei sighs.
"I'm out of load."

"Lying again?"

"I am not! I also need to call my dad to pick me u---!"

The boy glares at him.
"You laugh at me but you are also lost?!"

Kei face blushed and he scratches his cheek.
"So what? I never been in the city so I don't know the way." He said sounding like a boy trying to wring his way out.

The boy is so angry he kick Kei's leg.

"Ouch! Are you crazy?"

"I am so nervous. I thought you will help me instead you run away! I have to lie so you won't run and now...and now...you are so useless!" The boy starts crying.

"So what? Let's go. Its not like there's no loading station in this huge place. Are you even a boy? Why do you always resort to crying? You think you look pitiful when you do that?"

The boy freeze and look up.

"You are so heartless."

"Pshh. I hate kids who cry, no, I hate people who thinks that crying is the solution to your problem. Crying will make you feel less in pain? How stupid is that? Crying only stings your eyes and make you look like a vampire. If you want to cry then stay here and cry. Wait for a 'good' person to pity you and help you out."

The boy grabs his pants.
His eyes is still damp with tears but he is looking straight at Kei's eyes.

"Let's go and find a loading station if you are done moping and crying."

The boy nods.

After a good walk the two finally find a loading station.

"Why is the city so big?" Kei complain.

The boy is barely talking. He just quietly follow Kei grabbing his pants tightly.

Kei looks at the boy.

"Hey dog, here. Call your big brother or your father. Whoever you have to call."

The boy nods and took the phone.
He looks at Kei.

"Call me by my name. My name is Asher."

"Brownie is a much better name."

Asher flushed and he nods.
He dialled in the phone.

The boy looks flustered and look at Kei.

"Brother wants to talk to you." He said shyly.

Kei frowns but knows it is just normal.
"Hello?"

"Hello. Thank you for helping my brother. Can you tell me where you are so I can fetch him?"
The guy in the end of the phone has a deep voice and he sounds....irritated.
Kei looks at Asher.

"Yeah. Well I am not from around here too so I don't know where we are. I will ask the lady in the store. Wait."
After the good lady in the  store gave the address the man thanks him and ask him to stay with his brother until he came.

The boy looks fidgety.

"Scared of your big brother?" He teased him in his boredom.

The boy shakes his head.
He is looking at Kei and looking away in the instant.

Kei frowns.
"What?"

"I..I told you my name."

"Yeah. I don't have short memory loss."
Kei frowns.

The boy pouts and look away in anger.

"What?"
He can't tell what this brat wants.

A handsome black car stop beside them.

A man in a suit went out.
He looks like a handsome model in those expensive watch commercial.

His thick brows and green eyes are captivating.

Kei never hated anyone in his life for being born handsome until now.

"Curse you people who took everything!" He murmurs.

Asher pouts at Kei and not really that happy to see his older brother.

"Hi. I am Jeremy. Here is my calling card."

"Ah? Ah...Y-yeah." Kei took the calling card and look at loss for word.
He felt like he is in the movie.
He never seen someone offering a calling card before.
It likes so far away from the real world.

His impression to this Jeremy soar.
Asher grabs the hem of his shirt to get his attention.

Kei looks at Asher.

"What? Go to your brother."

"Your name? Don't you give your name when people introduced themselves to you?"
He pouts.

"In what world?" Kei frowns.
He usually answer, 'ah okay. Cool.' And remembers their name so he won't be impolite. But he doesn't really give his name back.
Only if other people ask him directly.

In a way, it is because he grows up with his eccentric old grandma. His grandma is known in their province and everyone knows her name so they introduced themselves but his grandma never told them hers. Growing up he thought it is normal.

Asher is gaping at him.
Kei is frowning.

Jeremy felt it is funny.
Though he wants to reprimand Asher from going out and being lost, he won't do it in front of a stranger.

"Can you tell me your name?" Jeremy thought that Asher won't go unless he hears the other people name.

"Kei."

"....."
Jeremy felt strange.
He even offered a calling card and the other guy didn't even gave his full name even though he asked him for his name.
He is a boss and people lines up to received his calling card and rush to tell him their whole name but he refused them yet here he feels so insignificant.

But contrary to his big brother, Asher is happy.

"So it is Kei."

"What? Are you subtly asking my name? Why don't you just ask me? We have been together for 2 hours." Kei shakes his head.

Asher pouts.
"Hmp. Why would I want to ask?" But his face is red.

"Again. Thank you for helping my brother." Jeremy said.

"It's fine." Kei said respectfully.
He has a good vibe with Jeremy just because he gave him a calling card. He always watch english action movies and giving calling card is always showing up to it that makes him feel special.

"If I can do anything to reward you." Jeremy said.

"Reward?" Kei wryly smile and look at Asher.
"Brownie has a reward attach to him?"

Asher become red.

Jeremy tilts his head because he can't comprehend what he means.

A/N:

Rewatching slam dunk.
It is still the best basketball anime.