One.

Song: We Never Argue- Dave East ft Pill Jones

I done did bad, know I got a past, I think I was living too fast, boo
I know you mad, the money came fast, they staring at me when I pass through
I got a bag and you got a bag, you get me right out of a bad mood.

Dakota.

"Mummy" my 3 year old daughter Aaliyah shouts and she taps my shoulder repeatedly

"Baby I can hear you, no need to shout. Now go and wash your hands, we're about to eat" i respond.

She toddles off towards her footstool just under the sink, before climbing on it and begins to wash her hands, singing a song I never heard before.

Just like her father.

My phone going off takes me out of my day dream and I grab to reach it, seeing it's my boss at work.

"Baby, go and sit at the table. I'll be there in just a minute." I told Aaliyah before answering my phone.

"Hello"

"Hello, good morning. Listen Dakota, I don't know if you've been watching the news but a big accident has happened and we could really use an extra pair of hands. I know it's your day off and i really hate asking but is there any chance you could come down and be that extra pair of hands?" my boss asked.

"Erm yeah, i'll be there in about an hour. I just need to ring round and see if anyone can watch my baby." I responded. Slightly annoyed because i had planned to have a nice day with aaliyah, but work calls.

I end the call and scroll through my contacts.

Before I had aaliyah, I had plenty of friends. But only a few stuck after giving birth. Which is to be expected because what fun can I have with a 3 year old attached to my side.

But I was still the fun girl they knew, I just had no time to be fun.

Deciding to call Becca, she answers on the second ring.

"I know you're probably really busy and I'm so sorry for having to put this on you but is there any chance you could watch Aaliyah for me?, There's an emergency and the hospital and they could really benefit from me being there" i quickly say as soon as she picks up the phone.

"Slow down, yeah i can have her. She's my baby girl after all. Do you want me to come over there or drop her here? I'm not fussed" she asks.

"Omg, you're a lifesaver. Well no, I'm the lifesaver. I hope but erm yeah, could you come over here. I'm hoping to not be there all day so i'll try and get back as soon as i can"

"Okay, give me 10 minutes and i'll be there"

Then the line goes dead.

Honestly without becca i wouldn't have coped. She's been there for me since day one and I honestly appreciate her so much.

Finishing up breakfast, I drop it off at the table and tell Aaliyah to take her time with the food and also explain that I just have to go into work and I'll be home as soon as I can. Before running into my room and throwing on my scrubs.

Luckily I had a fresh set, otherwise I would have had to wait for them to come out the wash.

Before I know it, there's a knock at the door.

Walking out my room, I see Aaliyah already at the door and in walks becca.

After welcoming Becca and giving her a big hug, apologising once again and reminding her of how thankful I am, I walk over to the couch where my baby is sitting.

"I'm going now baby, I'll be back soon. Listen to mummy. Don't answer the door unless I am there, there are bad men and women outside and I don't want them hurting you, ''I tell her.

Giving her a quick kiss on the head, I made my way to the door and to work.