Flashback 1

'"M/n, come down here for a minute"
I look up from my laptop, glancing at the door where the yell came from.
"Damn, i'll be back soon" I quickly comment to the seven amused faces on my screen, pulling off my earphones and placing them on the desk. I make my way downstairs and see an unfamiliar woman and a young girl in the living room.
"Dad...?" I ask, questioning the presence of these random people.
"M/n, I want you to meet your new mother and sister."'

'What...the hell???'

'"Hi there" the woman with dark brown hair and blue eyes says, sparing a forced smile. "It's lovely to meet you"'

Lies

'"I'll be your mother from now on. My name is Jahee"'

You were never a mother to me.

'"I can't wait to spend time with you and your father"'

Nothing of what she said was ever true.

"M/n get your ass down here!"
"Fuck..." I mumble, apologising to the group and ending the call. I can never let them see...never let them know...They're too important to me for me to lose them. I sigh as I head downstairs, walking down the crappy stairs, creaking under my feet every step I take. I'm waiting for the day that I'll fall through them and break a leg. I make it round the corner and narrowly avoid a glass flying past my face. I flinch at the smashing sound behind me, as I creep through the doorway, eyes locking with the woman who started all this shit.
"I called you down two minutes ago you piece of shit, how long does it take you to walk downstairs for god sake?" She slurs out, a bottle of cheap wine in her hand, and a cigarette in the other. Next to her sits my father, looking at me with eyes of disgust. The same eyes that used to look at me with love and proudness, turned dull and angry.
"Sorry..." I apologise, looking down at the stained carpet. Brown, red and yellow. I know the first two colours all too well.
"Come here." She commands, staring at me emotionlessly and placing her hand out.
"Please don-"
"Now." I slowly trudge over placing my hand forward into hers that the wine was once in, palm up. I brace myself before feeling an agonising burn on my wrist, her nails dug in and the burning ember of her cigarette buried in my hand. The agony is unbearable...but I can't react or it'll be even worse.
"Next time it'll be worse." My dad finally comments, glaring at me with pure hatred in his eyes. "Now hurry the fuck up and get me and your mum a drink."
I rush to the kitchen and grab two beers, momentarily enjoying the cold against my burning skin before the drinks are snatched out of my hand, and I'm dismissed with a brief wave. I slowly walk upstairs and close the door behind me. That's when I break. Tears cascade down my face as I fall to the floor, careful not to make a bang.
Why me...
Why is it always me?
I sit there briefly, before rubbing my eyes and sliding on a hoodie, covering the proof of my pain. I take a deep breath before sitting by my laptop, opening it and smiling at the figures on my screen, hiding myself once again.