3.0

Breaking News!

Breaking News!

Just days ago, Elizabeth Mychal West, a known friend of the Avengers, posted a picture on Instagram of her seemingly using the same abilities the world witnessed in a video over a month earlier. The video in question was one of an unknown speedster running through the streets of New York alongside Quicksilver. Since the video's release, Tony Stark had released a statement saying the new hero was an Avengers trainee.

The picture of West, while only up for less than a minute, has sparked many questions, and controversy, amongst fans and critics alike. Some think it was all a joke, while others believed West to be the next hero we see out on the field. People weren't left to contemplate for very long, however, as early this morning Tony Stark released a second official statement, naming West as the hero everyone was anticipating.

In this statement, Stark explained that West had been undergoing training for a quite some time, meeting with the Avengers and all of their allies, in order to become comfortable working alongside the team. It wasn't until more recently, after West endured a traumatic event, that she decided she wanted to officially begin more intense training. West had her own words to add to the statement as well. The first time she ever publicly used her abilities being caught on tape, and with her accidental Instagram post has made this secret come out sooner than she had hoped, but she is very excited to be working alongside an amazing team nonetheless.

What do you think? Is Elizabeth West going to be the next big hero, or will she fall short? Does she have what it takes to be an Avenger? You can read Tony Stark's full statement here, and check out Elizabeth West's statement of her own here. While you're here, don't forget to subscribe to our future newsletters.