Chapter 1 - Heartbreak

*5 years old* 3rd Person.

"Big brother, Tomu." The little girl squealed and tackled the both of them in a hug, a huge smile was graced upon her face as her eyes twinkled with happiness.

The boy with black hair no older that 14, a smile also gracing his face. He ruffled her hair in which she groaned out and pouted as she swatted his hand away. He crouched down to her level and picked her up, spinning her around in the air before resting her down on his hip and gently kissed her on the forehead.

"Hello little one" He whispered quietly, his eyes watering but not enough for her to notice. "What are you doing up so late little Akira?" He teased and gently tapped her nose. Even with being playful with her, pain could be seen in his eyes. The other boy aged 11 just stared at the ground unmoving, hand clenched tightly.

"I was waiting for you two, I.. I was worried." She bowed her head, whispering the last bit quietly.

"Well we are here now little one. So I think it's time you went to sleep."
"But..." Akira tried to protest but was cut off, "No buts little one." He stated quietly but firmly. She pouted at this but nodded her head, and flung her small arms around his neck as much as she could and kissed him on the check. He smiled at this and then placed her on the ground.
"Off you go then, I'll come up in a bit." He guided.

She skipped over to Tomu, he was still unmoving, but upon her movement he looked down upon her and forced a smile upon his face for her as he crouched down. "Goodnight Akira." He whispered as she lightly kissed and hugged him. "Night, night Tomu." She smiled softly, yawning as she did. He chuckled at her actions and patted her on the head as he stood up.

They both watched her as she walked out, both had tears glistening their eyes. Once she was out of sight, Tomu fell to the ground and gasped for a breath as he struggled not to cry. "Ple..please." He stuttered. The eldest boy placed a hand on his shoulder sighing, "As much as it pains me Tomu, it is for her own safety you must understand." He ripped his hand off his shoulder glaring up at him, careful not to use all of his fingers. "But we can protect her!" He spat out bitterly, raising his voice slightly. The older one gritted his teeth, "This is not the life I want her to live." He stated firmly. "She is not fated to go down the same dark path we are. She is to innocent, she doesn't deserve that." Tomu wiped the tears with the back of his hand and wrapped his arms around him. The elder boy stroked his head as he cried softly into his chest, he gritted his teeth and struggled himself not to cry, but he knew that this was the best chance he could give Akira. So she could have a good happy life even if he wasn't in it. Even if she hated them. His heart was breaking, both of theirs where. But he knew it was the right thing to do.

—————————————————
*Next day* because I'm lazy as 🙃
—————————————————

"Where are we going?" Akira jumped up and down in glee, "are we going out to playyyyyyy?" She dragged out as she tilted her head to the side, while tugging on her elder brother sleeve. Her brother chuckled at her childish behaviour, and patted her softly on the head. "No little one." He spoke out gently.

"Then where are we going then?" Her eyebrows scrunched up in thought and confusion. He didn't answer to this and just simply kissed her on the forehead while taking her hand.

Tomu had come out with a duffel in hand, "Tomu." The little girl screeched, she wiggles her hand out of her brothers grip and flung herself into his arms. At this action the boy dropped the bag in surprise and stumbled back a bit at the force of the small human. He chuckled at her action, he spun her around in the air making her giggle in glee, before placing her gently on the ground . "Hello to you too Akira" a cheerful grin spread across his face.

"Big brother said we are going out, but not to play. Do you know where?" Akira, questioned, with furrowed brows. Tomu just brushed of the question and patted her head, before walking past her and picking up the bag once again. In this time her elder brother had gotten her coat and crouched down. "Come here little one." He coed, holding her coat up. She grinned and ran over to him. Once slipping her arms through the sleeves he went to zip it up. "No!" She whined, "I can do it myself, I'm a big girl!" She shouted near the end, with that being said a look of pure concentration came into her face. Her brows furrowed, you could mistake her being constipated as she continued to fail to zip up her coat. After a very painful couple of minutes or longer...
she growled to herself and then looked to her brother in defeat, "you do it then?" She questioned quietly, twiddling her fingers. They boys tried to not laugh at her actions to not make the situation worse, as the eldest easily zipped it up in no time.

He stood up again and ruffled her hair with a chuckle, "You'll get it next time." He grinned at her, he held his hand out for her which she took without hesitation. She turned to Tomu, and held her hand out. He sighed at the action, but nether the less came over and took her hand gently, making sure not to hold her hand with all five fingers.

The trio make their way out of the run down abandoned building that they called their home, and continued down the street. As they carried on the streets began to become more crowed, Akira squeezed the boys hands in fright and pulled them closer to herself, having not been around many people before. The eldest boy nodded to Tomu before, he picked her up resting her on his side. At this action she squealed and stretched her small arms around his neck, hiding her face into the crok of his neck. He sighed at the action, but gently stroked her hair to soeth her during the walk. During this time she had fallen asleep on him.

——some time later——

They trio had finally made it to their destination, he gently patted her head gently to try and coax her awake. This action made the little girl grumble and swat his hand away in frustration.
"No...., I sleep more." She whined half asleep, rubbing her eye with the back of her hand before returning to the same position. He sighed but grinned at her action before, blowing on the top of her head making her squirm and groaned. She lifted her head slightly and pouted at him. At this he gently placed her onto the floor, she continued pouting but complied anyway yawning softly.

The scene around her turned dark and gloomy, the scene distorted to her. Dark shadows surrounded her, crying, screaming and whispers could be heard.

"I'm so sorry little one, your to innocent for this."

"Big brother, where are you going, big brother don't leave me, you promised me!" She screamed out

"I'm sorry, so sorry, I'm sorry." She could hear it on repeat, it overwhelmed her she couldn't take it anymore, she cover her ears with her hands while she cried and screamed. "Little one".

She woke up with a strangled gasp, coughing and spluttering as she tried to gain her breath trying to sit up. Her body drenched in sweat and tears streamed her face. She clutched her blanket, trying to calm. She looked around to see that the entire room had been wrecked, glass pieces scattered on the floor from the windows coming in, her furniture and items being frozen in the air in unmoving.
"For fuck sake" she said in disbelief as she whipped her swollen eyes and sighed. Her eyes shone bright blue, and with a wave of her hand the furniture, figurines, clothes and such moved back to where they belonged. She curled up into a ball, listening to her breathing to try and calm herself further.

She heard heavy footsteps, coming from the hallway and sighed in defeat he had heard her. She heard soft knocking on the door, "Akira, is everything ok?"

"Ev..ever...everyth....everything is.. o....ok, uncle Toshi." She grew annoyed at herself, for seeming so weak. The door opened slowly, he walked in and turned on the light, he sighed at the sight of the glass scattered on the floor and walked over slowly to her. She pulled the blanket over herself and curled into a ball, "I'm sorry" she whispers. He sat on the bed and scooped her up into his arms, "It's fine, little Akira" she flinched at the name, "you haven't had a nightmares like this in a couple of years." he stated, as he stroked her har, she was pressed against his chest and she listened intently to his heartbeat until sleep took her again.