Chapter 20

Adrien had panic cross his face as quick as light. Marinette had disappeared. A drunk Marinette was on her own, wandering around. Adrien jumped up from his seat and started asking people if they had seen her. After about 20 minutes of searching around the bar, he got a message from Nino letting him know he was staying home with Alya. Adrien had to find Marinette, she was too drunk to get home alone. He swung the door open to the back room and saw Mari lying down on the sofa with a drink in her hand. 

"Mari?" Adrien questioned as he walked over to her. She flung her head up and smiled when she saw him. 

"Adriennn!" she yelled while slurring her words. A loud thud rang in Adrien's ears and Marinette was now lying on the floor in front of him. 

"Ooops," she giggled. 

"Okay let's get you out of here," Adrien muttered to himself while picking the drunk girl up from the floor.

Adrien was basically carrying Mari as they walked home as her heels were too tall for her to walk in while she was that drunk. 

"Oops, these are really tall. Why did I even wear these?" Marinette giggled slightly while tripping up. 

"Okay sit down," Adrien said while placing Marinette onto a bench, "We are taking these shoes off."  In the end, Adrien had to carry Marinette the last block or so as she just kept falling. 

"Okay, Mari, I'm gonna need your keys," Adrien said to the stumbling girl that was sliding down the wall they were stood by. 

"They're in my pursee. Here's my purse," Mari said while dropping her purse on the floor in front of him. 

He fumbled through the bag and pulled the keys out, "Got them." He pushed them into the lock and opened the door. 

"Ooo, you got the door open!" Marinette dragged out her sentence and pushed through the door and into the house.

Marinette lay on the couch and giggled while Adrien was sorting out her stuff. He put her purse on the coffee table and her shoes by the door. 

"Can you grab me my pyjamas? I want to red silk one, I like the bright colour," Marinette said while sitting up on the sofa, "I also want my white jacket, it's on my bed. I love that jacket." 

Adrien nodded and went into her room. He opened her drawers and grabbed out the pyjamas she asked for, red silk shorts and a shirt with black lace trim. He turned to the bed and picked up a white jacket, it all seemed normal until he looked closely. 

"That's my jacket," he thought, "But I gave this to Ladybug."

Adrien immediately matched it all up and realised Marinette was Ladybug. He tried to deny it but it was confirmed when Adrien saw the Ladybug costume in her bag. Although Adrien was shocked, he wasn't upset. He had fallen in love with one of his best friends. 

He smiled brightly and handed her the jacket and pyjamas, "Pass me your jacket, I'll put it in your closet for you. Put your pyjamas on, we need to get you to sleep." 

Marinette took off her leather jacket and threw it to Adrien but didn't wait for a second to start undressing. Adrien quickly turned away as his face turned a dark shade of red. He ran to go put her jacket away and when he came back she was dressed in her pyjamas and wrapped in Adrien's jacket. He couldn't help but stare at the gorgeous girl he was in love with. Love.  He was in love. 

He was about to leave when the bluenette sat back up, "Don't leave yet, please stay for a while." 

Although he knew he should say no, he gave in and sat on the sofa next to the girl of his dreams. Their eyes locked once again and Adrien couldn't help himself, he kissed her. They melted into each other and it all felt perfect. The key fit the lock. The last piece was placed in the puzzle. Marinette wrapped her arms around his neck and deepened the kiss as Adrien lowered her onto the sofa. He kissed down her neck and to her collarbone but when he heard Mari moan in his ear he pulled away. She was drunk. He shouldn't be doing this. 

"Okay, let's get you into your bed."

Mari woke up the next day with her head pounding. She groaned loudly while rubbing her temples in an attempt to ease the pain. Luckily there was no school that day so she didn't have to be in class. She didn't remember anything from the night before after leaving her house with Adrien. She fell back on her bed when she heard a knock on her door. The noise scared her awake again and she shot back up. Adrien was stood in the doorway of her bedroom.

 "Adrien!" she shouted in shock. 

By reaction, she pulled up her bedsheets to cover herself but eased slightly when she remembered it was Adrien, "What are you doing here?" 

Adrien's smile lowered to a slight frown as he realised she didn't remember anything from yesterday, "I took you home yesterday, you were so drunk you could barely walk. I actually carried you a fair amount of the way."

 They both giggled slightly. Marinette shuffled over and tapped the bed space next to her, inviting Adrien to sit with her, "I didn't do anything stupid, did I?"