959 69 13

Twenty-one, came and things got better. I returned to become the star-player of the university soccer team. Slowly but surely the memories of Ye Jin were fading. She popped in my head every once and then but still the pain was manageable. I rarely saw her around, probably because the campus was huge- there wasn't a reason for us to meet therefore fate didn't pave a way for us to even cross paths.

And I was thankful for that...

Life got better- making me realize how much I missed being doted my other females. Most kept their distance from me since I was taken but now that I was back in the market; I got a love confession every other day. I would shamelessly agree that I enjoyed the ego-boost; the same ego-boost that Ye Jin couldn't provide me.

"You ready Hyun Bin?"

"Coach...is this even a question? I've got this, chill"

I could even score a goal with my eyes closed, infamous for my soccer skills around campus; I remembered walking around with a chip on my shoulder. The game was against Sungkyunkwan university this time.

Coming from Seoul National University, the student body including myself had this silent pride of studying in South Korea's top university. We hated losing- be it academically or in sports.

I remembered staring at the players from the opposite team, standing straight on the field and an arrogant smirk emerged.

"They're so damn short...", I whispered to my team member who nudged me with a mocking laughter.

"This is not basketball dude...you see that one tall guy. I heard he's the star player of that team, concentrate on him."

Looking at the tall masculine dude, I could only let out a soft scoff- knowing that he was similarly scanning me from up to down. The game started and I wouldn't lie, the team gave a good fight. It was a fair game, 45 minutes in and we could only score 1 goal.

1-0, the score board updated- signalling that it was already half-time. I went to the stand to cool of myself off and I remembered hearing that one voice that was haunting me day and night.

"Oppa!", my head instantly and even almost instinctively turned to the owner of the voice- thinking that she was calling me.

There she stood with a water bottle and a small towel in her hands. Her beautiful eye smile was paying it's long awaited visit. There was this beautiful smile on her face as she held out the towel.

I clearly remember how my heart shattered into pieces when I saw her handing the towel to some other guy; that to right in front of me. Ye Jin saw me sitting at the side of the bench and her bright smile dropped. Being the ever so diplomatically correct individual- she proceeded to give me a polite smile and a short bow.

I only stared for a few seconds before forcing myself to tear my eyes away from her, a little longer and I would have pounced on her. For, the short skirt and red shirt that was altered with a knot on the side; showing just a little bit of her skin was driving me crazy.

I wasn't a pervert... and I was definitely not sexually deprived; but the way the little white skin on her waist glowed relentlessly against the contrast of the bright red shirt she was wearing made me want to stare.

Stare, like those creeps shown on TV.

"Thanks baby", the guy took a big gulp of water from the water bottle. Ye Jin's attention never left him, not even for a second.

Who would have guess, that she ended up dating a guy from another university? A guy who was also a star player of his university; didn't he have girls following him around? How superficial...