Reveal

This is the last one! Thank you for all the support throughout writing this story, it truly means a lot!

After Marinette got out of the hospital, almost her entire class tried to visit her at some point or another. She had her parents turn them all away, however. Their ignorance hurt, and she wasn't quite ready to forgive them yet. They had treated her like trash for weeks, but now wanted to be best buds since they knew Lila had been lying. Adrien was the only one she didn't send away, content to have his company.

The boy had texted her while she was in the hospital, updating her on everything that was going on in school. Lila had been expelled, and almost the whole class felt bad for how they had acted, excluding Chloe and Sabrina. She had sent him all the videos with Lila's threats so that he could show the principal, who had quickly agreed that the interactions between Marinette and Lila were more than enough evidence to get her expelled.

The boy was supposed to be bringing her notes today; she was just waiting for him to get there. The blonde chose that moment to enter the room, breaking Marinette from her thoughts.

"How are you?" he asked softly. He looked her over, taking in her baggy yellow sweatshirt and black sweatpants, her lack of makeup, and the fact that her hair was down. And yet she was still gorgeous to him. She was lounging on her chaise, a cup of tea in her hand.

"I've been better," she told him. She attempted to chuckle, but grimaced as the movement hurt her ribs. He was wearing his usual outfit, she noticed, but he looked tired.

"So what did the doc say?"

"I'm lucky it wasn't worse. Lila broke several of my ribs on the right side, I have to stay still because they're broken badly enough that I can puncture a lung or cause damage to my liver. I should be back to school soon, but for now they want me to just rest," she explained.

Adrien winced, anger bubbling up once again as he thought of what Lila had done. She had hurt his Marinette. She had called him hers. He was not hers, he was Marinette's.

"I have your notes," he offered, handing over the pieces of paper and sitting down next to her on the chaise.

"Thank you," Marinette said, setting her now empty cup aside while grabbing the notes from him.

"The class is kinda mad at you right now," Adrien mentioned casually.

"Why can't I bring myself to care?" Marinette moaned sarcastically.

"They aren't very impressed that you won't let anyone come and see you, aside from me of course," he explained.

"They are mad at me because I want my personal space? Because I don't feel like surrounding myself with traitors who will turn their backs on me? Who will discredit me at the first sight of trouble?" Marinette exploded, righteously angry at the fact that the class expected to be immediately forgiven.

"I know, that's what I told them, but I think they are just struggling to come to terms with the fact that they screwed up big time, and that you aren't being as forgiving of this as you are of most things. Which I totally understand," he added hurriedly at her angry look.

"They've been pestering my parents almost nonstop after school, basically demanding that they be let in. And Chat-" Marinette cut herself off, eyes going wide. She had never told Adrien about her relationship with Chat, as they were both worried about what would happen if Hawkmoth heard about it.

"Chat? As in Chat Noir?" Adrien asked, playing dumb.

"Yeah um, he-he saved me a while back so he checks in occasionally." 'If every night is occasionally', she added to herself. But Adrien didn't need to know that.