Finale

I ended up befriending the fox. It gave me a playful bark before it left.

I continued up until I came across a cave surrounded by flowers with light blue petals. "What are flowers doing growing on this snowy mountain..?" I thought. I decided to take one, as a souvenir.

I went into the cave and saw a big red and orange dragon sleeping. It didn't look not a bit frightening, if not the complete opposite. It had a bandage wrapped around one of its horns and one if its arms. I got the sword out from the sheathe and was about to slay the dragon until I noticed a ball of fire heading straight towards me. I was barely able to dodge it when I saw two more speeding right at me. I stumbled to the ground as they passed, one just barely hitting my face. I picked up my sword and got up, putting myself into a defensive stance. "Alright, who did that?!" I yelled. No response. "If you don't come here right now, I'll make you!" I yelled, a bit louder this time. I saw a brown haired little girl get up. The girl just stared at me. I stared back. The girl looked horribly ill, if not outright dead. Then the girl shook the dragons tail, waking up both the dragon and the other kids.

"Oh hey, it's a swordsman!" One child cried. "Hmm? Oh, you're right." Another replied. One by one the children started to communicate. They all looked sick, as if they had some sort of disease. I was stunned at how calmed they look. They were kidnapped by this dragon! I dropped my stance, completely shocked.

Suddenly, the dragon's eyes opened and looked straight at me. As the dragon sat up, I got in my stance once again and was ready ready to give a blow to an eye when suddenly the dragon started to cower. "Oh no... Not another one..." The dragon shakily said. I dropped my stance again, utterly confused. "Another one? What does he mean?" I thought. I shook my head, ready to stab his head when I heard a cackle.

I turned my head towards a lady with pink hair and a witches hat, she was wearing a robe and had a wand and a pot, filled with something since she seemed to have trouble carrying it. and was ready to throw another fireball right at me. The children turned toward her. 'This is it!' I thought. "Wait, don't..." Yelled the dragon before he coughed. "...if you so wish." Said the lady. "Do you need help with that?" Said one of the older children. "Yes please." Whispered the lady. The child hurried over and helped bring the pot over to the dragon. "Ok, ok. What in the world is going on here?!" I yelled. "I guess I should explain..." Said the lady, taking my hand and leading her to another room in the cave.

The room seemed to be a bedroom, having a chest, a desk, a bookshelf, a nightstand and a bed. She sat me down on the bed and started speaking. "As you should know, there is a illness spreading around the village. The children often had it bad, and needed serious treatment. No matter what, the children's condition only worsened. Not even the village's best medicine's would help. At the same time, I was helping my dragon friend with his fire breathing and injuries. The older children kept going up there, throwing rocks, twigs, monsters, boulders-" She was suddenly cut off by my question. "Excuse me, what do you mean boulders?" I question, genuinely concerned on how a 14-15 year old could wield a boulder. "It's a long story." The lady- witch whispered. I figured she was the witch, judging she was with the dragon. "Anyway, the dragon had heard about the disease and wanted to help. I decided to help him and worked on developing a cure for it. I discovered that the flowers that grow near the cave have really good healing properties. I'm still working on developing a cure, but it should be done by next... week?" She continued. "But what about the children? Why are they here?" I asked. "Well, I sent them a note, though it seemed invisible to the adults, it was only visible to the children. The note said to 'come to the trail to the mountain at night.'" She said. "All the children are sick, and are under our care." She explained further. I nodded. "So this was just one big misunderstanding?" I asked. "Yep." She said in a teasing tone. "Well that settles that..." I said before getting up. "Well, I'll be leaving." I got up and left. I walked out of the cave while the dragon waved me goodbye. I waved back. I went back to the village.

I saw Cassie run up to me, beaming. "Sooo... How'd it go?" She said excitedly. "It went well." I said. "Was the dragon killed? Is the witch dead? Are they both dead?" She asked with stars in her eyes. "No." I said before walking off and out of the village, despite the young girls protests.

A/N: this took way too long to write. If anyone is reading this, you made to the end. Congrats!