I get a sword

A/N

just wanted to say that I changed the writing from present tense to past tense. I doubt anyone will notice but in case someone does this is me letting you know ahead of time :)

-Klaus-

The second we stepped foot outside of the office, we were practically celebrities at the academy. Even more than we were to begin with. Which was fine with me, but the others looked uncomfortable when the crowd of students surrounded us in the hall. They all wanted to know about the expedition and be a part of it, but there were too many people to tell. I think the whole school was waiting for us out there. Suddenly, Ms. Davis' voice filled the hall.

"Ladies and gentlemen, please clear out the halls and make your way to your art classes. Thank you."

Ms. Avocado popped into the middle of the hallway and started yelling at people who weren't moving, which cleared the hall pretty quickly. I turned to Hayden.

"Do you have art or music?" I asked.

"Uh, art. Those are really the only two options?" She replied.

"Well, we only have a hundred students here. And half of them are in power control right now. So, we only really need two classes," I explained.

"Oh... okay."

"Anyway, I have art too, so we could walk together. I mean we don't really have a choice since we are going the same way." I knew she would probably say no, but I might as well shoot my shot. We were gonna be stuck together for the next few days and I really didn't want her to hate me.

"Yeah, that's true I guess." She shrugged and turned to Sawyer and Georgie. "Do either of you guys have art?"

"I have music," Georgie replied.

"Power control," Sawyer said.

"I guess it's just me and you then!" I replied.

"Yay," Hayden mumbled sarcastically.

We started down the hallway past the auditorium.

"I'm uh, sorry that you have to go on this expedition. It's only your second day here, it's a lot."

"Yeah... I literally just found out that I have superpowers two days ago. I haven't even processed that."

"I can't relate. I always knew that one day I would figure out my superpowers. It was no surprise when I found out that I'm basically Percy Jackson." 

"More like the Little Mermaid," Hayden chuckled as she walked into the art room. 

"Ariel can't even control the water!" I called after her. I looked around the room to see her sitting at a table with three other people, which means there was no seat for me. I saw a seat near the back at a table with a couple of other second years. Unfortunately, one of those second years was Grace Puckett. 

Don't get me wrong, she's nice and all, but I think she might be obsessed with me. It was flattering at first. She laughed at all my jokes, she smiled at me in the halls, she even gave me homework answers. In fact, I kinda started to like her for a bit. So much that I told her that I also watched Doctor Who so that we would have something to talk about. 

And now that's all she talks about. 

So you can imagine how excited she was when I sat by her for our art class. I sat there for two hours nodding my head and pretending that I knew what a Dalek was while I attempted to paint a dog. Grace, on the other hand, finished in the first five minutes. Her abilities were speed or just time in general, so it didn't take her long to get work done. I've always been jealous of that.