chpt.6 You Played Me

Ashanti

Today is the day I go out on a date with August, All of a sudden I start feeling nervous.

He text me and told me to be ready around seven, It was now six.

I dial his number waiting for him to pick up. It kept ringing until he pick up on the six ring,

"Hello"?

"Hey Aug this Ashanti, umm instead of you coming to pick me up how about I'll meet you at the place"?

"Ight cool, is everything okay"?

"Yeah I'll explain it to you when I see you".

"Ok bye".

I hung up from him and got dress, I curl my hair and apply some makeup then added my jewelry.

Once I finish I grab my clutch and headed downstairs just to see Ronnie.

August

I find it kind of weird that she wanted to meet me at the place instead of me coming to get her. But she'll tell me as soon she gets here.

It was now going on 7:30 and she still hasn't showed up, I try calling but no answer. I even sent her a text but no response.

I was going to wait a couple more minutes then I was leaving, I can't believe she played me like that and I was catching feelings for this girl.

Ronnie

"Hey baby you look beautiful, I see you ready to go".

"Go where"? She ask looking confuse.

"Oh Shanti I forgot to tell you that Ronnie was going to stay here for awhile and he wanna take you out" Her mother say.

"Come on we can't be late I already made reservations".

"Wait I have to get my phone".

"No need to its just going to be me and you, I already talk to your father about you staying over night with me".

Before she could say anything I grab her hand and we both walk out the door. Clark told me about this dude she was seeing so I need to see what he's about.

During the ride it was quite she didn't say not one word to me.

"You good Ashanti"? I ask still focusing on the road.

"No, and I'm not about to pretend that everything is peaches and cream. Listen Ronnie I don't love you and I'm not going to marry you either so you mind as well take me back home".

She really thought that I was gonna take her home, I know she was just talking so I look over what she just said.

"Can we just have dinner and I'll take you back home, I just want to spend some time with you that's all".

"Fine but after this take me home".

We made it to the place and the lady took us to our seats.

"What would you like to drink"? The waiter ask as she had her pen and pad out ready to write.

"I would like water please" Ashanti say.

"And for you sir".

"I'll have the same".

She wrote it down and left us alone.

"So did you really mean that? You know what you said in the car".

"Look I was suppose to be meeting up with a friend but I'm here with you".

"So you have feelings for this friend"?

"How did you know it was a guy"?

I was about to speak when the lady came back with our water, then we order our food.

Ashanti

I know August is probably wondering where I'm at, I left my phone so I couldn't call him.

While he was telling the lady what he want to eat I was just sitting there ready to go home.

I look to my right to see August getting up about to leave. I tried to stop looking his way but it was hard I couldn't.

He look at me and my heart drop, he just look at me with shock and disappointed expression. I excuse myself from the table and went after him.

"August wait I can explain" I say catching up with him.

"Oh really so you just ignore my call and text to be on a date with that niggah, is that Ronnie"?

"Yeah but listen I was on my way out until I seem him an-".

"Just save it, you did what you wanted if you didn't want to go out with me you could've just told me instead of just playing me like that".

I tried to explain to him but he didn't want to listen, he just walk away headed to his car.

I was kinda hurt but it wasn't my fault.

"Okay Ashanti just take ten and brace yourself" I said out loud. I turn on my heels back into the restaurant and took my seat.

The food was already at the table but I didn't bother to eat I was just ready to go home and least try to apologize to August.