Chapter 7 - They both burn

"Well, I guess they'll be back soon then."

"Guess so."

They smiled.

Chapter 7

The two blondes walked down the halls and walked out to the back of the school. Thank god there really weren't any people there by that time of the day. They were all either outside of school or in the library or the combat area inside the school. 

"-y'know. I think that it's so cool that you get to time travel in 10 years!"

Younger Yang cheered as soon as she was outside of the building. The two had to try so hard not to talk inside the building in case they'd draw any unnecessary attention.

"I know right? And I'm the one who made it work!"

"Hah! I burn!"

"Yup!"

The two high-fived. Younger Yang's eyes automatically headed to her older self's robotic arm which she hadn't noticed in the room. 

"Your... or my arm is..."

"Ah, yes. This."

Older Yang rubbed her own arm. Younger Yang wasn't concerned at all though. Instead, her eyes glowed with excitement.

"That's so cool! What, I get a robotic arm?! Damn!"

Younger Yang blabbed but older Yang only smiled bitterly as she remembered how she first reacted to this arm. It really wasn't a pleasant experience at first, was it?

"You're taking everything pretty well."

"What?"

"Everything. About time traveling, me marrying Blake, Ruby's face, my arm, just about everything."

With that statement, Yang suddenly grew calm and only smiled.

"Well, I'm trying to"

"Trying to?"

"I don't know, it's just a little complicated. I really don't know how to feel about any of this, but I also am pretty excited. So..."

"Why show the negative feelings when you can show your bright side, ey?"

"Pretty much. But I really am concerned about Ruby's face though. Just what kind of a motherfucker did that to my baby sister's face?!"

Yang yelled with her eyes turning red. It seemed as she was trying to hold in her anger back in the room in case she worried her little sister. She really didn't want to show explosive reactions since she didn't know how Ruby was taking it either.

"This makes me wonder if I really did change in person anyways."

Older Yang murmured to herself with a giggle.

"Alright, calm down. There's no use in me telling you what happened to her face at this point. You'll figure it out."

"But don't you want to change it? Like, prevent half of Ruby's face blowing off?"

"Of course I do."

"Then why can't you tell me? I mean, I do know that you said I won't be able to remember it. But it still does affect you unconsciously, right? Then maybe we, or I can stop it from happening?"

"Well, the thing is. I really do feel bad whenever I see her face, but... Nothing should really change."

"Why's that? Do you not even care for Ruby anymore? Is that it?"

Yang asked angrily she was about to punch herself. As a matter of fact, Yang was ready to punch herself if it meant for her dear sister.

"Now now, that's not it. Of course I care for her. It's just that whatever happens to us should be accepted. And to be moved on."