Chapter 29: Our Child

Hanji's POV

Time continued to pass on by... and I could feel the little girl bulging out of me. According to doctors... I have at least less than two weeks. That is if she decides to come around that due date. All babies are gifted. They get to choose when they want to breathe their first breath of air. 

With that estimated time of the due date, Levi's been trying to work from home. Occasionally, he would leave work for a few hours before coming back home. There was this face of panic whenever he came home. Almost... as if he's worried. I know he tells me to not worry- but sometimes, it's best if he had listened to his own advice and calm down.

He always came home with the usual question: "Any contractions yet?"

"Not now." I say with a smile, trying to get myself up from the couch. Iris and Eren had passed out on the couch as they were watching one of their kids' TV show. "Come here, Levi. I'm stuck."

"Stuck?" That at least gave a slight smile on his face. "I'll come."

I chuckled a bit as he stood behind me. His firm hands firmly grasped my shoulders, gently massaging them. In relief, I groaned and leaned my head back. It felt... so much weight was lifted as he massaged my shoulders. The second he removed his hands from me, I whined softly for more. 

"You're so much like a puppy..."

"And you- a cat." I chuckled, kissing him. "Since we're not allowed to have pets... I'll be your little puppy. And you... you become my little kitten."

He scoffs, shaking his head. "Come on... I'm no one's kitten."

"But you are mine."

Levi left me on the couch, walking around it to get to see the kids asleep all over my lap. The second he saw it, he tried to cover his smile. The whole entire time, he shook his head- with his hair puffing up. I see his chest rising and falling when he took that deep breath. Those brightly-gray eyes were beautiful- sparkling even.

"Aren't you going to help me?"

"I think this is perfect."

He kneels in front of me, gently laying his ear against the baby bump. Those gray gems were gone as he closed his eyes. That second, we both jumped. Caught us off-guard. The baby jumped. 

"I'm somewhat afraid of the little one now..." Levi had said it with a tone of euphoria. "She's getting strong... soon enough, she'll be strong to beat boys."

Leaning forward, I took his hand and kept it on the baby bump. "I don't want that time to come soon. I... I just don't... after all... they are only an infant once in their lifetime. I love to take care of the little ones... rocking them to sleep... singing them a lullaby, reading stories to them... not all kids would want to have that when they get older..."

With a smile, Levi kissed my lips. His warm hand caressing my cheek- oh... my heart would constantly beat for him. "Well... if you want... we... we can have another one- only if you desire it to be so."

"Are you sure about that?"

"Hanji... would I ever lie to you about that?"

I thought about it for a few nanoseconds... and I smiled softly. "No... no you wouldn't."

"Alright... now... if you would excuse me... I'll go and take a nice, warm bath. Unfortunately, I doubt that you can join me. You're a bit preoccupied with... a few kids..." He gestures to the baby bump and the two troublesome kids next to me.

"Hey!"

Levi quickly makes his escape to the bedroom, chuckling his way there.

I think it was a few minutes later when I felt these cramps... weird...