【𝓖𝓲𝔂𝓾𝓾】

Requested by: EULSIERS

↠Fluff
↠Soulmate AU
↠Fem Reader

↠Reader design inspired by Yachiyo Nanami

Word Count - 5225
赤い糸 - Published 6/12/20

赤い糸: The red string of fate
»»———————————————————««

Gathered in the small courtyard of the slayer headquarters, a few swordsmen stood under the cloudy sky, their uniforms pristine and haoris fluttering in the growing afternoon breeze. Despite the silence, a calm atmosphere filled the space, sparing confused glances amongst one another. A Hashira meeting was supposed to be scheduled for the day, but with the prolonging silence and emptiness of the engawa, it was clear the master had either forgot or planned otherwise.

"It looks like its going to rain..."

The sky darkened as if on cue, the puffy clouds fading to grey wisps as the brilliant sun hid behind them. The small boy was indeed correct, his dull aqua eyes flicking above in mere curiosity. A blue drop of rain fell to his pale cheek, before sliding down his chin to meet the aqua strands of his hair, uninterested as more tears escaped the sky.

"Fuck. Tokito, did you really have to jinx it."

Annoyed with the hotheaded white haired male, the boy shifted his dull gaze, blinking his eyes closed. What once started as a mere drizzle now morphed into torrential downpour, the Hashira present making the critical decision to escape under the canopy of the engawa. Legs swinging over the wooden platform, they impatiently watched the rain pour, awaiting further notice. A sudden rumble of thunder cracked across the sky, lightning streaking the clouds above in bright bursts as the shoji screen suddenly slipped open behind them.

"Ah... I'm terribly sorry for making you all wait. It appears the weather created a change of plans for our meeting."

All heads turned to meet the master of the corps, quick to turn to a kneel as they bowed to the gentle man before them. His pale eyes failed to flicker towards the swordsmen before him, closing to form a calm smile as his children stood protectively at his sides. Thunder continued to roll on, the rain showing no sign of stopping.

"I'm glad to see your health is in such a flamboyantly good condition. I pray for your wellbeing Oyakata-sama."

The sudden blessing spread a tingling warmth through the man's frail body, maintaining his composure as his head tilted to gesture towards the inside of the lavish estate.

"Thank you Uzui-san." His body turned with the help of the two girls, leading back inside the darkness of the estate. "Let's relocate the meeting shall we?"

Following the man down the darkened halls, the Hashira filed into the dimly lit room, lanterns lining the walls as the sun refused to shine through the thin screen. Once again, the swordsmen knelt before their master, awaiting his greeting as he slowly positioned himself among the cushioned mat beneath him. Ubuyashiki uttered a quiet 'thank you' to his children, before getting right to the point.

"I wanted to thank you all for arriving today. After all our efforts dealing with the lower ranks of the twelve kizuki, we should now discuss further actions to deal with Kibutsuji. With the latest incident regarding the remaining lower moon, it's only a matter of time before he sends the upper ranks..."

A suffocating silence filled the room for a moment, the Hashira present lowering their heads as they could only imagine what horrors they would witness. Giyuu's eyes flickered to the tatami mat below, apathetically picking at the fabric of his mismatched haori. The green and yellow pattern brought a slight sense of comfort during the meeting, an uneasy sigh escaping his lips.