³ I reached out.

irene had let him into her place without saying anything, she barely looked at him and not wanting him to notice her puffy eyes that had been shedding tears since she left the restaurant.

"I'll get some water, take a seat first." she said to him in her croaked voice and rushing to the kitchen. taehyung nodded while staring at her, realised that she must had been crying.

taehyung sat on the sofa, looking around in the house as he smiled as knowing that irene hasn't changed much maybe a little and wondering what happened to their old house they used lived and rent together in city. then he saw the books on the small table in front of him.

he leans, moving his hands to the books and read all titles of those books. some of them was about pregnancy and a guide how to be mother which making him sighed, thinking how it made him surprised about yesterday.

suddenly a glass of water showed up before his eyes, making him almost jumped and he hears irene chuckles at him. taehyung took the glass from her hand as he drank a little while irene sat down next to him that were so close but so far.

"how long?" taehyung asked her, starting the conversation while pointing his finger at her belly. irene put a hand on her growing stomach, "eight months and a half, it's a baby girl." she answered softly and taehyung smiled hearing at baby girl from her mouth.

"must be hard to be through alone." taehyung continued.

"yeah, it is hard." she pressed her lips together.

he took a glance at her, "i'm sorry."

"i know.. i'm sorry too. anyways, i never heard any news from you neither from your friends and they said that you changed your number. i reached out to you but failed. did france treat you good, you came back too early didn't you?" irene asked, running a hand through her hair smoothly and recall the day when taehyung told her about his one year contract to work in france.

"the day i left you, i was heartbroken irene.. i changed my number and blocked all numbers because i thought you and our friends hate me. i thought going to france was a good choice but i was wrong. they treated me badly, they used me for popularity  and i'm done by completing my contract then leave." taehyung responded, looking down away from her. irene frowned at him and move closer to put her hand on his shoulder.

"why would you think i hate you? tae.." she shook her head, "we didn't hate you, we are still your friends and i still.." irene stop talking, unsure what she is to him now after what happened between them.

taehyung understand what she is going to say and take her hand that were on his shoulder as he intertwined theirs together. "i was depressed back then but i know after meeting wendy and the others.. they are still my friends no matter what." he sighed then his eyes move down to her baby bump.

"i wonder who's the father." he mumbled and with that irene facepalm, tried to move away her hand from his grip but taehyung didn't let her as he look back into her eyes that are full of wonder, hurt and mostly a sight of betrayal; if it was a jackass, he will beat whoever he was.

irene gave up on his tight grip as she look at him and understanding the face he had shown. he's deserve to know, he's the father, an inner voice of hers speak up inside her mind which it made her feel scared as the 'what ifs' started to ringing in her mind that made her wanting to cry.

"it's.. it is yours. its you.. taehyung" she says in one's breath as her tears fall as she's not ready of what he is going to say. "what.. why-"

"that day before we split up, i was planning to tell you that i was pregnant but until you bringing up about the overseas job of yours. i wanted you to stay badly.. you leaved me alone carrying this baby of yours  and i.. i don't even dare to abandon it." irene started to whimpering and she even feel her heart was breaking. "i hate that we are both so stubborn and it's difficult." she just couldn't believe that she had spent her day crying since last night.

taehyung didn't say anything but pulled her his arms, hugging half of her body afraid he might crushing their baby. he could even feel the soft kicks on the rounded middle of irene's on his own stomach. he is going to be a father, taehyung repeating that on his mind and then he kiss her on the head deeply to soothes her calmly.

after a while if hugging, irene break a little laugh as she sniff, "you smell so nice, i love it." she nuzzles into his neck and press her lips on his neck  softly. they released the hug and taehyung caressing her faces of months he hasn't been touched that made his eyes forming tears. "i'm sorry for everything.. i love you so much. can we.. can we continue our relationship all over again?"

"i love you too.. of course" irene hesitate to continue her words and thinking things are going to fast while they just met yesterday after months. "but can we take it slowly, my mind can't still figuring out what is happening." she added in wonder.

taehyung nodded as he smiled "yes,  anything for you. i understand." without that he kissed her cheek but irene moved her face, putting her lips on his as a peck. she then back away herself from his arms. irene don't think no one else could replace kim taehyung. just look at him of how tall and understanding he are, she love everything inch of him.

then irene took one of his hands to put on her growing stomach and taehyung could feel their baby are still kicking. "you know after i got your ratatouille, she couldn't stop kicking... i'd say that she's happy that you are back." she mumbled to him.

he moved his hand around her belly to make irene and the baby comfortable. "i'm happy too.. to be by your side again." he let out sigh of relief. "you i hate promises but i'll make sure that both of you are going to be happy no matter what challenges that are waiting for us, we go through it together." irene nodded and she found herself couldn't stop smiling.

"how about a drive with me tomorrow to the restaurant?" he asked.

"i'd love too."

~