Part 5

"How are you feeling?"

Doc asks that night.

"Better," Ren says. "Talking helped. Xisuma gave me his side on things, and just having people who remembers what happened helps make me not feel like I'm going crazy."

"People?"

"Wels is back," Ren says softly. "It was weird seeing him again."

"Oh right, the knight," Doc says. "Were you two close? Was Wels and I close?"

"We didn't talk much, but he was still a friend."

"I see." Doc adjusts his arms' positionings and moves them so he's hugging Ren more comfortably.

"Mhmm," Ren closes his eyes, resting his head on Doc's chest.

Doc chuckles. "Night Ren."

-.-

Ren was falling.

But he wasn't scared.

He had his elytra on.

He looks around, taking in everything from a different view.

"Beautiful, isn't it?"

Ren looks up and sees himself. The other him had a red shirt on, a strap going across from his shoulder and to his hip, and leather gloves. He looked like he had before in the other world.

He doesn't get the chance to say anything before the other him fades before him.

Ren looks back and finds himself standing instead of falling like he had been just mere seconds ago.

"And this is our room, Ren, I hope it's to your standards."

Ren stands next to Doc, who proudly presented a fully furnished room in his castle in the sky.

"It's amazing, Doc!"

-.-

Ren finds himself at Wels' house. It was near Beef and Keralis's place, a place he didn't really visit all too often.

"Ren! Are you a sight for sore eyes," Wels says with a smile.

While the other was quick to move and look toward the future, it was still nice to catch up and think about memories together. Along with keeping up on how the other was doing.

It was nice having friends again.

-.-

"You haven't had a nightmare in a while and you've been talking more to the other hermits, it sounds like you've been doing a lot better, Ren! I'm happy for you."

"Thanks X," he says with a smile.

-.-

Ren goes to see Iskall again.

Or rather, stumbles across him at the shopping district.

"Ren, my dude! I'm sorry if I said something wrong before, but I didn't mean-"

"Iskall, it's fine," Ren stops him before he broke down into tears. "I got help, I've been feeling better."

Iskall smiles. "That's good to hear, I'm glad you're getting some help."

"So! How are things with you?"

"With me?"

"Yeah! What have you been up to?"

"You mean Iskallman," Iskall said with a grin. "I've been helping out Stress with her mayoral campaign."

"Oh, she's in the race too?"