Her arrival

The sun blanketed the land, light overtaking the dark the moon had casted. The house in the woods seeming to come alive as the light devoured it, the bright sun shining in the sky as the day started. It was not only the house what had been woken up, the plants and animals had to. A small tent in the woods next to a large mountain lit up with life, the land was private but alas the tent did not know neither did its owner.

The petite teenage girl opened up the tent stepping out, as she stood up she patted her uniform down and straightened it. Her hair being freshly brushed and washed in the river that morning. The girl stretched her arms over her head and soon turned to look at a framed picture of a woman, who she missed dearly. "Well mom, I guess I'm off to school. Keep the tent safe for me ok?" She said then shut the tent securely zipping it up, after she made sure the tent was safe she picked up her school bag and began to walk. Not knowing she had left early, as she walked she realised the sun was newly bright. Tohru smiled knowing she had time to explore, so she did.

As she was on her walk she discovered many beautiful sights like cliff tops. However one thing caught her eye, a small house tucked away out of sight from the world. As she moved closer to the house she saw little figures resembling the chinese zodiac, all of them there but one missing. The cat. Tohru stated at them for a while smiling at how well they had been made and decorated, not noticing the man walking around the corner until he cleared his throat.

"Can I help you ?" The man asked dressed in green traditional clothing. Tohru seemed to jump, the man startling her a little. She immediately bowed her head in shame beginning to apologise, "I'm sorry sir, I really am I shouldn't have been looking without permission" she said panicking. As she apologised the man seemed to laugh lightly, sitting down next to the figurines. "Its fine, really." He said and smiled at her kindly, he then turned his gaze to the figurines. "Do you like them? I hand painted them myself" he said.

Tohru's eyes widened as she heard the man talk, he had painted these figurines? She smiled and nodded. "Yes but you've missed one" she said and looked the man dead in the eyes. The older male seemed to tilt his head to the side in confusion, he decided to stay silent to hear the reasoning as to why he might have missed one. "The cat, I know the cat isnt alligated as a member of the zodiac but the cat is in the tale. When the rat tricked him to miss the banquet with god" she said and the male seemed to understand.

He smiled entertained and intrigued by the girl. As the conversation continued a mousy haired boy appeared, his age by appearance similar to the girls.  "Who are you talking to?- Oh miss Honda, what are you doing here." Yuki said and just stared at her in confusion as to why she was at his house this early in the morning. Her eyes seemed to widen as she noticed the time "oh! I'm going to be late ! I'm sorry but I'm going to have to get going." Tohru said and Yuki then stepped forward "how about we walk together miss Honda" he said and Tohru nodded smiling at the taller boy.