26

Hitoka looked over her best friend with worry as the two of them walked away from the bus stop— the two just got off the bus a few minutes ago.

The whole walk from Karasuno to the bus stop and even the bus ride, [Name]'s mind was elsewhere. The blonde couldn't help but worry over her friend. She had never acted that way especially around her, but now she was completely in another place— or at least, [Name]'s mind was.

Hitoka sighed, finally giving in to her curiosity.

"What's the problem?" she asked.

"What?" [Name] responded, the surprise— probably from suddenly being acknowledged— evident in her eyes.

"Something's wrong. And don't even try to deny it, [Name]-chan," the blonde girl said, crossing her arms.

"It's nothing," the [h/c]-haired girl said, waving her hand in the air— telling Hitoka to just brush it off.

But the blonde manager didn't want to do that. She pouted and furrowed her eyebrows at her best friend before trying once again.

"Is it related to what you and Tsukishima-san talked about earlier?" she asked.

[Name] sighed as a response, telling her that she guessed right. It was pretty obvious as well earlier during club time. Hitoka noticed how her best friend was avoiding any contact or interaction with the tallest member of the team.

Even the whole team noticed it, making them concerned with the sudden change of relationship from the two.

"Yeah," the [h/c]-haired girl mumbled softly, but loud enough for her best friend to hear.

"Did you two fight?" Hitoka asked.

[Name] shook her head before saying, "No."

"Then what's the problem?"

"Me," [Name] said, looking down.

Hitoka blinked thrice, looking at [Name] with a blank expression before hitting her best friend on the head.

"Ouch!"

"Don't look down on yourself like that!" the blonde shouted. "You've never acted like that. In fact, you're one of the most confident people I know."

[Name] sighed, rubbing the top of her head as she replied to Hitoka. "It's just that I don't know what to do, Hitoka-chan."

"Can you be a little more specific? Only if you can."

The [h/c]-haired girl only shook her head. She knew if she said more, she might accidentally say something she'd regret.

"I'm sorry. This is as specific as I can go."

"Well, the most I can do for now is wish that you get over it," Hitoka said, smiling at [Name] while rubbing the girl's back.

"Me too," [Name] said, her words barely coming out.

From then, the two continued to walk in silence. Hitoka figured that since [Name] couldn't talk much about it, the best she could offer is a little silence so that [Name] could think more about what she'd do.

Once they reached the apartment building where Hitoka lived, the blonde gave [Name] a smile.

"You can call me if you still feel a little down," she said, still smiling at her friend who still looked a little down

"Thank you, Hitoka-chan," [Name] said, smiling back.

Hitoka brought [Name] into a hug, surprising the [h/c]-haired girl a little.

"I'm here. Whatever it is, I'm here," Hitoka whispered.

[Name] gripped Hitoka's arm sleeves once her arms were around her best friend. She wasn't crying, but she was shaking. Hitoka knew it was from all the different emotions [Name] was probably feeling at the moment. Since she really couldn't do anything about it, she just rubbed circles on her best friend's back.

After a minute, [Name] pulled away from the hug and smiled at Hitoka.

"Okay. Go inside now," she said,

"Stay safe on the way home!" Hitoka shouted, waving goodbye.

"I will," [Name] said, waving back.

As the [h/c]-haired girl walked back, Hitoka watched. She was worried for her friend immensely. But [Name] didn't want to open up.

Sure, it hurt her because it made her feel like [Name] wasn't comfortable enough to share her problems with her. But it wasn't time to make the situation about her.

[Name] was going through something. And all Hitoka can hope is that her best friend would let her help.