28

The whole team wasn't blind to what was happening. 

Some weren't as aware—Tobio and Shouyou.

There were also those who noticed but honestly didn't bother to continue thinking about it.

Then, there are a few who are concerned because it affected the team— both the captain and vice-captain— or because they were just curious— Ryunosuke and Yuu.

"He still has that gloomy aura from yesterday," Koushi said, a little concerned for the way Kei was acting.

"Gloomy? Isn't that just the normal scowling face Tsukishima always has?" Shouyou asked. "Hey Kageyama! Does Tsukishima look different?"

Tobio stared at the tall blond for only a second before looking away and replying, "No, he seems the same to me."

"See?" the orange-haired boy said.

"This one is different," their vice-captain said.

Koushi looked at Daichi, making eye contact with the captain. The silver-haired setter sighed and frowned. Daichi only had a frown as well once he glanced at the blond middle blocker.

If it was before the match against Shiratorizawa, the two would've thought it was normal for the blond to only do the bare minimum in practices. But since that match, it was noticeable that the boy had gained an interest in performing better. However, he suddenly slumped back to just doing what he can and not trying more.

From that, the two third years were able to deduce that something happened. And it must have been something big to affect the blond this much.

He wasn't the only one acting weird though.

"Have you seen her?" Koushi asked, approaching Daichi.

"[Surname]?"

"Yeah."

"No," Daichi replied, shaking his head.

"Do you think it's related?" the vice-captain asked.

"I have a strong feeling it is."

Koushi felt the same way as well. 

The day before, [Name] acted strange as well. She was still upbeat and lively as ever, but the way she acted was like how she used to when she just started being a manager— not giving any attention to Kei.

"The two are obviously friends," Koushi said. "I wonder what could've happened."

"You think they fought?" Daichi asked.

"Probably."

"Speaking of [Surname], where is she?" the captain asked.

Daichi looked around for [Name]'s best friend, the other blonde who was the smallest of the team.

"Yachi!" he called out.

"Y-Yes, sir?!"

Daichi chuckled as Hitoka continued to face him with a surprised and terrified face. It took a little getting used to but at this point, the team already knew how jumpy Hitoka could be.

"I have a question."

"What is it?" Hitoka asked while walking towards the two third-years.

"Do you know where [Surname] is?" Daichi asked,

"[Name]-chan?" the blonde girl said. "I heard she'd just running some errands as the class representative of Class 5."

"But it's been about twenty minutes since club started," said the captain. "Is she doing a lot of work?"

"I'm not actually sure about that," Hitoka replied.

"Okay. Thanks."

The blonde manager was about to leave until Kouchi called out to her as well.

"Yachi, do you perhaps know anything about what's wrong with [Surname] and Tsukishima?" he asked.

"N-No! Problem? What? That doesn't exist! Okay, bye!"

The two third years deadpanned as they watched Hitoka walk away.

"She knows," Daichi said.

"For sure," Koushi agreed.

"Tsukishima!"

Within a second, both the sound of one of the doors sliding open and a loud shout was heard.

The voice of someone calling a certain blond echoed within the walls of the gym, causing all the members to look at one of the gym's doors. There stood the missing manager of the team, [Full Name], with one of her hands gripping the door.

"[Surname]?"

"Outside! Now!"

[Name] said, before turning away and running from the door. Kei, on the other hand, stood still— confused with what was happening.

"What are you standing there for?" Tadashi asked, pushing the blond boy forward.

"Yeah, Tsukishima-san! Go to her now," Hitoka said,  also pushing Kei to the door.

"Stop pushing me you two," Kei said. When the former couple had complied, the blond took a quick breath in and out before walking to where [Name] dashed to.

Hitoka and Tadashi looked at each other and smiled.

Things were finally falling into place.