prologue

𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖑
𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒 / 𝑧𝑒𝑟𝑜

𝖑𝖊𝖙𝖍𝖆𝖑𝑝𝑟𝑜𝑙𝑜𝑔𝑢𝑒 / 𝑧𝑒𝑟𝑜

the tragedy

𝐈𝐅 𝐓𝐇𝐄𝐑𝐄 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐎𝐍𝐄 𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐔𝐑𝐄𝐋𝐈𝐀 𝐆𝐈𝐋𝐁𝐄𝐑𝐓 𝐊𝐍𝐄𝐖, 𝐈𝐓 𝐖𝐀𝐒 𝐓𝐇𝐀𝐓 𝐄𝐕𝐄𝐑𝐘𝐓𝐇𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐈𝐍 𝐋𝐈𝐅𝐄 𝐂𝐀𝐍 𝐁𝐄 𝐔𝐍𝐄𝐗𝐏𝐄𝐂𝐓𝐄𝐃 𝐀𝐍𝐃 𝐔𝐍𝐏𝐑𝐄𝐃𝐈𝐂𝐓𝐀𝐁𝐋𝐄. She didn't know why the world was made that way, but she did wish that somehow it could warn her about the danger that awaited for her in the future. Why couldn't life give her a heads up that she was going to lose the most important people to her in a matter of hours? Why would life take away the people that put her on this earth in the first place? What was the reasoning for that?

Death was no regular friend that could just come and visit her whenever. It was no hero, just a villain, an enemy that gratefully loved taking away all the people Aurelia cared about and there was nothing she could do about it. The girl became an orphan at just sixteen years old, not only was she just that, but she was also the girl that had lost her other half, her only sister. That night, the death of those three people would change her life for the worst, not that she would ever realize that until it came.

Aurelia Gilbert was at a late night bonfire party in the middle of the woods. It was a thing all of the high schoolers planned every year before their next fresh start of the continuing grade. Everyone was having the time of their lives, dancing in bunches of groups, drinking endless amounts of beer spiked fruit punch and playing multiple rounds of ping pong. It was all great, but the only problem was that Aurelia wasn't even supposed to be here. Neither was her twin sister, Elena.

However, Aurelia had been convinced by her older twin and snuck out of their family's game night to hang out with others from their high school. To be quite frank, Aurelia wasn't having the best of fun. As soon as they arrived she was ditched and left in the middle where everyone was being squished together. After a few minutes of searching for her sister, she quit all together and found someone else worth while.

Tyler Lockwood. The only child of Mrs. Lockwood and Mayor Lockwood. The golden boy of Mystic Falls High school, the pro leader of the Timberwolves football team and the three year boyfriend of Aurelia Gilbert. The two teens had been the best of friends since they were in diapers and had developed feelings for each other in the beginning of seventh grade. Of course both were a bit shy and didn't have any courage at that age and time, but, that all changed when their freshman year came and Tyler had asked her out on a large decorated card with flowers and expensive chocolates.

Though Tyler was deemed a playboy, he had never once fell out of line in their relationship and always harboured true feelings, some would say love, for the Gilbert girl. And unknowingly she did feel the same way for some time. Aurelia grinned as she spotted her boyfriend and quickly trudged over to jump on his back.