Chapter 34

2 Weeks Later: 

I beamed as the pack members from my old pack that had helped us. Braxton and Georgia joined our pack, as well as all my siblings. Most of the members who helped the riot decided to stay, but they needed a new Alpha. My dad, his Beta, and his Gamma were all killed. My mother ended up joining our pack, but she and I never completely forgave each other. She blamed me for killing her husband and I blamed her for helping him hold me captive. 

We had a rocky relationship, but we were slowly getting on better terms. After hours of deciding, Jake finally stepped up to become Alpha of their pack. The first thing we did was form an alliance. It turns out that his mate was part of our pack, so we had ties to them. 

Ethan stepped up and welcomed all new members to our pack from the stage. "And for a grand finale, I introduce you to my mate and your Luna," he said, pulling me up beside him. 

I beamed at everyone and waved. Ethan and I had agreed that we should welcome the pack members and myself to the pack at the same time. After he introduced me, we mingled with the crowd. Everyone came up to talk to us, or just me, and they all seemed extremely pleased with me. Apparently, Ethan had told the pack about how I had saved them from a war. 

We met up with Jacob, Julia, Max, and Eva later that night. Jacob had his arm around Julie and Max was in a debate with Eva. I exchanged a look with Ethan and he cleared his throat. Eva and Max stopped and looked at him. I smiled as he raised his glass. "To our new Luna!" They all clinked their glasses and took a sip. I couldn't have been happier. 

After the toast, Jacob had announced that he had news. "Julia and I have a very healthy and happy relationship, so I would like to thank you Kat. If you hadn't come along, or been stubborn and got kidnapped, I wouldn't have met this beautiful lady. So thank you for that and for this," he stated, getting down on one knee and holding out a velvet box. "Julia, you make me the happiest man alive. Will you marry me?" She gasped and started crying. She nodded her head rapidly as he slipped the jewel onto her finger. 

We all cheered and toasted to the newly engaged couple. Never mind what I said earlier, I could have been happier and this proved it.