Chapter 59

Chapter 59

It's only 2:00 in the morning at ala sais pa ang tapos ng duty ko dito sa hospital.

God knows how much I'm trying so hard to keep my eyes open.

Some of the lights at the hallways are already dimly lit open and I'm currently alone here at the nurse station. Zoe left to go to the restroom while the other two nurse quacks left to get some hot drinks for us.

"Psstt"

"Awooo"

My expression changed and I can't help but to tightened my fists "Punyeta talaga kayo" I cursed at them and Timmy only chuckled.

Within those months that we started working here, Timmy and Kyle's crazy antics and bullshits never failed to remove my sleepiness.

"Coffee or hot choco?" Kyle asked as he returned to his swivel chair "Coffee, please"

I turned my chair to his direction as I slid my left hand to my cardigan's pocket "Okay, here's your hot choco" He said with a grin and I could only glare at him.

Tinanggap ko na ang hot choco mula sa kanya at isinandal na ang likod ko sa back rest ng upuan. I removed the plastic lid of the cup and let the hot smoke touch my face "I can't forget how that woman begged us to take her life"

The three of us flinched and cursed when Zoella suddenly popped out at the dark hallway.

Kung hindi ko agad nabawasan ang iniinom ko ay paniguradong natapon ito.

 "Bakit ba kasi ang tahimik mo mag lakad?! Patients will mistook you as a lurking spirit around the hallway."

Mahinang asik ni Timothy kay Zoe na umupo na sa tabi ko "Kape pa mga gago"

Zoe replied as she removed her jacket's hood from her head

I noticed how we all fell silent. A patient died earlier and we can still remember how the patient's mother begged us to kill her too. It turns out that the patient who died is the only family the mother has.

His husband died from an accident and the patient was their only child.

I only sighed and took another sip from the cup "By the way, Dr. Caunceran wants us to stay here until 7:00."

We all turned to Timmy's direction when he broke the silence

"Bakit daw?" I asked as I hugged my self. Bakit kasi bawal naming hinaan yung air con? Daig pa namin nasa freezer.

"The patient who recovered from cancer is going to be discharged tomorrow morning. Every staff has to send him off for giving a good fight for years" Napa tango naman ako sa paliwanag ni Timothy.

"Next week, ma t-transfer na tayo sa pediatrics" Kyle said as he stretched his arms

"Goodbye emergency room" Zoe said in a sigh "Inaantok na ako" Singit naman ni Timothy

Muli na naman kaming nabalot ng katahimikan. I glanced at my phone and I sighed when I can't even open it. We're strictly prohibited to use our phones while on duty kaya naman kanya kanya na kami ng paraan para hindi maka tulog sa mga ganitong oras.