7)February

Coral planned a picnic for her girlfriend, with Patrick's help. They were both taking their dates on picnics for Valentine's Day. The only difference is Patrick is taking Ana to the angel realm. Coral was staying on the campus with Emily. Patrick was also going to be lucky, it doesn't rain in the angel realm.

"So where are we going?" Emily asked as the two walked to Coral's dorm.

"You'll see," Coral replied, trying to be cryptic and failing. There weren't many places they could go. Emily sighed in annoyance. Crystalynn hissed at them as they walked into the dorm. The couple froze.

"Di-did you just hiss at me?" Emily freaked out. Crystalynn responded be hissing again and leaving the room.

"Um, sorry about that," Coral apologized. "Sometimes Crystalynn likes to think she's a cat."

Emily blinked, "That's weird." Coral shrugged. "So what are we doing?"

"Well we were going to have a picnic, but," Coral gestured to the window were rain could be seen pouring down. "So I was thinking we could watch some movies." Emily wandered over to the DVD rack that they each had in the dorm since they were forbidden from having Netflix/Hulu/any other streaming service while in school. 

"Do you have any romance movies?" Emily asked hopefully after seeing a lot more horror movies than she would have liked. Coral shook her head. Emily got up from the floor. "I'll be right back. I'm going to get some rom coms from my room." And that was how they spent Valentine's Day. Watching rom coms in Coral's dorm. Coral had a lot less fun than what she thought she would have.

2.

"Are we there yet?" Ana asked. She was blindfolded. That made her very annoyed.

"Nearly," Patrick whispered in her ear. "Just remember that I might have to go. The demons are going to attack at some point. You can take off the blindfold now." Ana did just that, and threw it very far away. When she saw the picnic she smiled, then she saw something that made her heart stop.

"What's that?" Ana pointed along the horizon. Patrick stared.

"The demons," he said. "They're coming. I'm so sorry. We have to warn the angels." Ana grabbed his hand to stop him from running off. She kissed him gently.

"It's fine. We agreed years ago to fight with the angels until the day we die," Ana said, hoping that day wouldn't be today. They couldn't leave the rest of the seven. They couldn't leave Skylar to spy on the demons and only contact them through dreams.

"Until the day our spirits get destroyed," Patrick reminded her. "They said they would welcome us into their ranks."

"We are in their ranks. Or you are at least. But we need to go," Ana gestured to the demons that were slowly getting closer to their location. Hand in hand they raced to the angels.

*

The demons marched to were the angels were hiding in trees in a phalanx formation. Just as Skylar said. So Patrick went with the archery idea. All the angels hid in high up places ex. trees, or rooftops. Those who could shoot a bow, got one. With a quiver arrows that retrieved themselves. Those that can shoot a gun, got one. With fully loaded bullets, and a thousand refills. On Patrick's command they would fire. The demons finally started coming into firing range.

"Ready," Patrick whispered. The angels loaded their weapons. The demons stopped marching. Ana saw there was as many as two hundred as she readied her own.

"Locked and loaded," she whispered to her boyfriend. Patrick grinned as the demons looked around in confusion.

"Aim," Patrick said standing. Angels with bows did as well, the rest got into firing positions. Ana laid down and took her aim with her assault rifle.

"Ready when you are," Ana said casually, as if this was a normal day. Patrick grinned. Whether it was from Ana's comment, or the fact that the demon's were still not moving and right in shooting range, no one will ever know.

"Fire!" Patrick screamed, shocking the idiots known as demons. They completely froze for a solid five minutes watching their commarads fall as the angels continued to shoot. Once they realized what was happening, the demons quickly started running back.

"Retreat!" the demon commander shouted. Though the demons didn't need to be told to do that. A fair amount were destroyed as they saw when they dropped out of their hiding spots. Asriel picked up the pitchfork one of the demons dropped.

"One battle won," she said as her wings of bone with tinted purple magic fluttered, making a rattling sound.

"One of four," Bianca reminded her, fiddling with the string of her bow.

"And the weakest attack from what Skylar had said," Ana glanced around. "The one in April will have more demons. The attack in June will as well. The one in August will have Chara leading them."

"But we have a spy. We will know if they change tactics." Patrick reminded them.

3.

"A hundred demon casualties," Skylar said as she came into the planning tent. She pulled her lilac hair into a ponytail as she sat down. "Chara wouldn't stop complaining."

Bianca laughed, "Serves him right. Trying to come back from being destroyed. And using your innocent soul to do it, no less.

Asriel grinned slightly, "I agree. If only," her voice trailed off. Patrick gave her a quick side hug.

"It's ok," he tried to comfort. "It's not your fault your brother is a clueless moron most of the time." Everyone burst out laughing.

"Most of the time?" Skylar asked as everyone calmed down. "He's a clueless moron all of the time." That set everyone into another round of laughter.

"Ok, any news?" Ana asked grinning widely. Skylar shook her head.

"Not quite yet. They're still in shock. It's going to be a few days until they start planning anything," the lilac haired girl explained. "However I do have a theory on who the demon spy is."

4.

"Mon ange," Emily's boyfriend said as he pulled her closer. "Je t'aime," he buried his head into the crook of her neck.

"Je t'aime aussi," Emily giggled. Her boyfriend sighed.

"I'm growing stronger," he whispered. Emily smiled.

"Why is that a bad thing?" Emily asked. "It should-"

"I know what it should be," he snapped. "But your going to start your mission soon."

"Again, I don't see a problem here," Emily's smile slowly faded. Her boyfriend's tone was becoming dangerous. A hit on the back of her head proved it.

"You won't be able to spend much time with me. And we both would be upset with that," he whispered. Emily sighed. There were times like this when she wondered about dating him. Their relationship was very toxic. Emily wasn't sure if she liked it or not. 

***

Mon ange-my angel 

Je t'aime-I love you

Je t'aime aussi-I love you too