열다섯 [timeline 1]

Everyone gathered around Lisa, crowding around her till Jungkook couldn't see her anymore

"Lisa—"

"Are you okay? Where does it hurt?"

"Someone tell the doctor she's awake!"

"I'll do it-"

"Here, you should try and sit up"

Jennie prop her pillow up helping her sit upright, as she rubbed her eyes. It was too bright for her.

She blinked once.
Twice.

Staring at the group of friends that gathered by her side. She smiled weakly at them.

Zap!

She felt it again. That same pain and that same memory. She clutched onto her head as she remembered a day that was dear to her heart.

[ FLASHBACK: PLEASE READ THE CHAPTER— 'Engagement : Flashback' ]

"What is it?"

"Where's that doctor?"

Everyone was panicking, trying to ask and attend to Lisa's needs.

"At this rate she's suffocate from all the attention she's getting, right Kook—" Taehyung chuckled softly turning to the somber man beside him only to find that he's already by her side.

Taehyung smiled weakly, knowing she might've remembered something. He hoped it was a good memory. Yet, he wished it was something about him and her. How close they've gotten since Jungkook changed.

Taehyung couldn't help how selfish it was of him. But it's what kept him going. It's what gives him hope.

-

Jungkook was now at Lisa's side staring at her hazel brown eyes. It felt like he saw her again for the first time. He was nervous, yet happy.

"Here.. have some water" Jungkook whispered softly despite everyone clamouring around them.

Lisa stared back at him with the same intensity. She watched as she handed him a glass of warm water, the silver ring catching her eyes.

"Thank you" she smiled softly, looking down at the water in her hands.

"My apologies— I had some things to do at the ER and-"

"Finally doc"

"She's been experiencing pain"

"Is she going to be fine?"

Everyone gathered around the doctor as he tried to inch his way in the room, pass the worry warts that were Lisa's friends.

"I remember the engagement ring" Lisa spoke out.

Everyone went dead silent as they all turned to look at her.

Jungkook's heart was beating loudly again this chest— he was sure everyone else could hear it.

"I remember.. Jungkook's soft smile.. The rain.. The Italian food we loved.. the smell... The cottage.. The sound of the waves.. The lake.. The blue roses.. I remember it all..."

"I remember you Jungkook"
Lisa trailed off as she looked
Jungkook in his eyes.

It was like a miracle.
A goddamn miracle.

He was given a second
chance at life, and he wouldn't
dare waste this moment.

Not  in forever.