SPECIAL CHAP. Engagement : Flashback

"Damn it this traffic" Jungkook grunted as he smacked the leather steering of his black matte BMW

Bzzt Bzzt

His phone rang in his pockets and he hastily pulled it out pressing the 'answer' button. "Babe.. are you there ..? I had a terrible day at work.. can you pick me up please.." Lisa sobbed at the other end of the line.

Jungkook smiled softly. He planned all of this all along, yet the sadness in her voice still tore his heart.

He talked to Lisa's colleagues; even her boss. He told them about his secret plan and they were all on it.

The plan was to make her day as miserable as possible— without breaking her heart of course.

"Sorry baby I can't— I was told I need to stay for another shoot.. I'm sorry .. I'll meet you back at the house when I'm done ..? Then we can watch movies and I can make your favourite milk chocolate—"

"Ah.. it's okay.. yeah ..meet back at the house.. have fun.. love you.." Lisa sighed, still trying to sound as optimistic and happy as she can.

The line went dead after that, Jungkook couldn't even reply an 'I love you' back.

"Just how sad did they make my baby girl?" Jungkook gripped the steering wheel hard, his fingers turning white as a sheet of paper.

Jungkook was furious he couldn't do anything— it would ruin the surprise he hunched for months now.

The only thing on his mind now that she's where he'd expect her to be— at the docks.

•••

"What a horrible day it was Mr Snow" Lisa sighed as she stroked the white stray cat she's familiar with.

The docks was a place Lisa could run to when she felt sad. Only she and Jungkook knew of its existence.

It was her sanctuary. She could scream, cry and laugh as loud as she wanted. Only nature was her witness.

She pulled her knees close to her chest, sobbing quietly. Mr Snow purred, rubbing its head against her leg to no avail. It knew she was having a bad day, however nothing could fix it now.

It was dead silent for a moment. The air was still and cooling. Lisa could only hear her breathing.

She'd calm down, rubbing Mr Snow as he fell asleep on her lap.

She looked at her phone

5.00pm

She sighed seeing as only her manager and colleagues messaged. None was from her boyfriend.