01 | one

AVALON

My feet were aching, sore from the hours of standing in protest to bring justice to so many that deserved it. I was wearing a basic black face mask to protect myself from the virus and to possibly lessen the chances of inhaling any tear gas. I was also wearing black leggings with a black shirt that read 'Black Lives Matter' in white along with a pair of old white sneakers.

I gripped my sign a bit tighter as we continued walking the streets of Washington, I was also equipped with a tennis racket in case any tear gas was thrown our way by those bastards, and my backpack that had any emergency aid supplies to help treat any wounds as I had medical training.

"No justice, No peace! No racist-ass police!" I yelled out with the crowd, giving a nasty look to a certain police officer that didn't seem to be taking the crowd seriously, laughing with a few other officers.

"The fuck you laughing at you pig," I spat towards him, angered by his ignorance.

He looked back at me, emotionless, contrasting his previously amused smirk.

"Fuck you and fuck your corrupt-ass system," I told him, enraged by the thought that he would even be amused by the injustices happening.

I looked to my side, as my friend Amelia began to insult another police officer. The crowd had halted as the officers blocked the ways out.

"What the fuck are you doing?!" I heard Amelia shout at someone.

My eyes snapped in her direction, noticing her yelling at a man who was using a hammer to break the sidewalk. I quickly walked in her direction as a crowd began to gather around him. Amelia and a few others began taking hold of him, pushing him towards the police to get him arrested. I began to help them as the man struggled.

We continued pushing him until the a few police officers began to get hold of him. A police officer grabbed Amelia and another grabbed me and a few others as we quickly began shouting at them.

"Let go of me, take him only, we're here peacefully," I yelled at him. Amelia managed to get out of his hold as his grip tightened on me.

"LET ME GO GODDAMIT" I yelled louder as Amelia tried to grab me back, barely having escaped.

I continued to struggle against him as the crowd began to fight against the police, becoming slightly overwhelming.

As I continued screaming, I was suddenly pulled back strongly, the impact making me fall to the ground. I looked up to be met with a dark, reflecting mask. The man was so tall that I had to crane my neck all the way up to be able to look up at him from the ground.

The geared man held out his hand to help me get up and I took it. Once I got up, I noticed how tall he was.

He was so incredibly tall.

"Thanks," I said with a small chuckle, smiling at him, genuinely thankful for his help.

I was slightly turned on for some reason, by his height and the power he exerted. Why was I so attracted to him?

God, I just know he's big.

"No problem, those cops are really assholes," He said, a smile was present in his voice.

"Tell me about it, " I said with a chuckle, still gawking at him.

"I'm Avalon, it's nice to meet you," I added.

"I'm Caleb, nice to meet you too," He replied nodding his head, looking back down at me.

I just grinned back at him and turned my head away from this strangely very attractive stranger to try and find Amelia. My eyes scanned the crowd but she was nowhere to be found, it seems as if the crowd had almost swallowed her after the chaos.