2.

Later, we were mounted on Tauntauns, galloping choppily through the snow. We had been sent to search for a settlement of natives in the direct path of our enemies that would be destroyed if we didn't evacuate them immediately.

The snow had begun to pick up, and it was becoming obvious to me that if we didn't turn back, we wouldn't make it home. However, a night in the snow was a small sacrifice to make for the villagers' safety.

The wind howled in my ears as I realized that we didn't need to look for them like this. I turned to Anakin, signaling for him to stop. I shouted at him over the noise. "We've been incredibly foolish- we haven't tried searching for their consciousnesses yet. It's sad how often we forget that we are Jedi." He turned to me, exasperated. "What idiots we are! Let's try."

I attempted to drown out the wind, clearing my mind, and stretching it out into the force. I was highly aware of Anakin's signature, which shone out through the force like a lighthouse in a storm. He was powerful, and this made someplace down in my chest feel warm, which I suppose was pride for my former Padawan.

I focused on searching for the villagers, but I simply couldn't find them. Just as hope died in my chest and was replaced by a hollow sense of dread for the doomed villagers, I heard a faint shout from beside me. I blinked, returning to the present, and saw Anakin pointing to our left. The hope surged back in, filling me with a dim sense of optimism.

He took off towards the village, his cloak streaming behind him. I followed his dark brown figure, my Tauntaun galloping steadily through what had become a blizzard, but eventually, he got too far ahead for me to be able to see him. I found myself hopelessly lost as the storm raged around me, hissing in my ear.

I took a breath, searching for his signature. My eyes squeezed shut as I allowed the force to guide me to where he was. My mind attempted to relax as I ignored the fact that I could no longer feel my toes. The force was frigid and deserted. There was nothing and no one, and I once again felt my hope slipping through my fingers. Anakin's signature suddenly broke through the empty, desolate cold, and a huge grin appeared on my face as the force took control, guiding me closer to him.

When I opened my eyes again, I found him in the village, rounding up villagers and organizing them. I practically ran to him, shouting at him. "Go wake the ones who are sleeping; I'll organize the ones who are awake."

He nodded and took off, running into houses and waking families who stumbled groggily into the cold. We explained the situation to them, making sure to emphasize that we were trying to protect them. Anakin organized them in rows while I made sure all small children were securely attached to their parents. They gathered what they could into small makeshift backpacks and formed a long line.

Mounted upon our Tauntauns, we led them out of their home.

After seemingly endless hours of lines and marching and hand-holding, we moved the entire village safely, through the storm, to a nearby system of caves. The caves were close enough to the village that the people would be able to get home, but far enough that they would be safe from the army. They filled the caves to the brim; People seemed to cover every bit of ground.

As they began to curl up and sleep under thick pelts, a young boy scampered sheepishly over to us, dragging a pelt twice his size behind him. "You look cold." he whispered, and shoved the pelt towards Anakin's feet before scurrying away.

Anakin looked at me, amused. "They always get so scared of us. It's funny." I glowered at him. "It's sad is what it is. I wish they knew we are just trying to help." Anakin shrugged before picking up the pelt and walking off. "Anakin wait- you have to s-share that." The wind had picked up, and I found myself very cold. He smirked at me and motioned for me to follow him.