25

My lack of sleep left me rubbing my eyes, and I decided a shower sounded lovely. As I looked around, I found myself not caring- for the first time- that my quarters were slightly messy. A still-full pack of equipment was perched on the couch, the top hatch open, and what appeared to be several droid poppers scattered about on the cushions. An empty bowl of soup from the night before sat in my sink, along with three glasses of water, all of which were slightly empty.

I'll deal with it later.

Shuffling into the bathroom, I kicked off my boots, and inspected my face in the mirror.

"Same face as yesterday," I mumbled aloud to no one in particular.

Yawning, I tugged off my layers and stepped into the glass box, pulling at the lever, allowing scalding hot water to claw into my back, the steam billowing up and filling my lungs. No, it wasn't exactly enjoyable, but that's not what I intended it to be. A shower is a necessity, not a luxury. Effective, not pleasant.

This, I realized with a small jolt, was how I ought to treat my situation with Anakin- I must not do what I want to do, I must do what is necessary. Anakin had been a source of weakness for me from the moment I met him on Tatooine.

I allowed him to get away with so much mischief, had not treated him as strictly as I should have, and when he came up with some crazy plan I never told him it was a bad idea. I didn't confront him about his relationship with Padmé, and I didn't question him when he broke the code on minor occasions.

Now, of course, I found myself wondering if Anakin was bringing out my weaknesses once more- but in a different way.

This train of though wound around inside my head for a long while- probably too long- before finally I dejectedly decided I was too tired to deal with this predicament now.

I'll deal with it later, I thought again.

My mind wandered to recent battles, and I grimaced as I recognized it had been far too many days since I had done anything remotely productive. I realized I was still in the shower, so I wiped the water from my eyes and reached out to turn the faucet.

I switched it off, and the sound of the thrumming of water pummeling my skin and pounding against the tile suddenly ceased, and it felt very quiet for a fleeting second or two. Smiling at this small moment of peace amidst all of my personal chaos, my fingers brushed the hair from my face, which promptly fell down again a moment later due to its waterlogged post-shower state.

I must have stood in the shower for far too long, for when I finally stepped out and used a towel to dry my shoulders, the skin felt far too sensitive; felt raw; and I hissed at the stinging, burning feeling now rippling across my back.

Of course, my mind had been in entirely different places the whole time I was showering, so I didn't pay attention to my physical self. That's one catch about being a force-sensitive... when thinking about something for too long,you sometimes slip into a light meditative state without noticing. It is extremely common among Padawans- who are already easily distracted- but unusual for Knights and Masters.

As discomfort shot through my already weary muscles, I glanced in the small mirror, and gasped, recoiled, tripped over my boots, toppled backwards, fell against the backroom door, slammed it open, and finally landed on the ground, half of my body in the bathroom and half of it in my bedroom.

The mirror had shown me the raised, red, welted skin on my shoulders which I had unknowingly burned when I allowed nearly boiling water to pound down across it for what I would later come to find out was fifty seven standard galactic minutes.

The image startled me, and when I fell, I landed on the cold, hard, tiled floors of my quarters, my irritated skin slapping the surface and causing me to yelp. Biting my lip to divert the pain, I tasted a faint hint of blood in my mouth, rolling over with a groan. This would need medical attention.

I'm not going back to the medical bay. No thank you...

With a grimace, I pulled myself off of the ground and headed to my personal medical cabinet, which held my Bacta salve. I rummaged desperately, but failed to find any.

Right, I used it all after I got that acid burn on Malastare...

Frustration had begun to mingle with my uncomfortable pain, so I took a moment to breathe and exhale my intensity to the force.

Feeling better- mentally, not physically- I realized I had to go ask someone else if I could borrow some of their salve. Only one person came to mind, so with a groan I reached down, slipped on my pants, tried- and failed- to tug my boots over my wet feet, and pulled my undershirt loosely over my head, gritting my teeth at the effect this had on my shoulders.

I shuffled out of my room, shivering at the cold air on my vastly overheated body, and staggered through the halls to Anakin's quarters.

--

i'm back! Apologies for taking so long >m<

force be with you!