Chapter 7: The Journal

Cole's POV⋙

I couldn't believe I didn't tell her. Zeke just couldn't have picked a better time, could he?

Twister was a fun way of finishing the day, though. I think? It would have been better if I told her though.

Tomorrow was my first day of school, since I just moved here, and I could tell her then or forever hold my peace... or whatever it was. If I did 'hold my peace', then I would end up going crazy because I missed the only chance I had.

Well, maybe not the only chance...

***

Jaiden's POV⋙

Once I laid down in bed for some sleep to get ready for tomorrow, sleep was the only thing that didn't come to me. What was he going to say? Did he mean it? I think to myself.

I get up and go downstairs for a drink of water. I can't shake the thought that if he did mean it, what would it mean for me and my family. My brothers would make fun of me for sure. One of the downsides to being the only girl in a boy family. At least I have a little sister now, but wouldn't she make fun of me too?

I think about dad. He has answers to everything. What was going to happen to him? I wish I could talk to him, but the doctors wouldn't even let me in the room. They had on a full suit to 'keep the stuff out' or whatever.

I just need him to come home.

***

Josh's POV⋙

Today was the day. The day to get the feisty little short head on my side.

I have my first class with her, which was cool. She would send me death glares while all the other girls drooled at my feet. If I couldn't talk to her during that, then I would get to her during free period.

I was standing in front of my mirror, trying to style my wet hair. I had this part that would flop back into my face no matter how much I would try to fix it. My mom wouldn't let me get hair gel, so sometimes I have to use my friend's without my mom knowing.

I walk to the car, and I get in without getting yelled at by mom. I wait for the garage door to open so I could leave.

When I get to school, I looked around for my gang. Victor was leaning on his black Corvette, the one I envied him for. Jake was sitting on the front of his red Nissan, on his phone eating a breakfast he got from McD's.

I walked over to Vic, and he looks up from his book.

"Hey dude, whatcha readin' that for?" I asked him, because he doesn't really study in public, and I have never seen him read.

"I found it in some dumb chick's locker. She forgot to close it," He said.

"Sooo... why are you reading it?" I'm getting confused.

"Well... you look."

I took the book from him, and found out it wasn't only a 'book', but it was a 'book' that a girl wrote her own stories in. A journal.

"Whose is it?" I ask.

"I dunno, you check. Most girls write it in the front."

I flip to the front, and have to suppress a gasp.

It's Jaiden's.

***

Jaiden's POV⋙

I walk out of the living room, after an intimate conversation with a photo of my father, telling him how much I need him and such. Broke down crying in the middle of it, but I pulled myself together.

After sitting and eating my breakfast, which consisted of a biscuit and some eggs, I let myself fall on the couch, waiting for my mom to walk in and take me to school. My brother took the car, and my mom won't let me use hers, so that's why I had to wait.

I found a book to read while my mom finished her hearty breakfast. Left Behind, Book 1. Hmm... sounds interesting. I refuse to read the blurb on the back, because I don't want it to ruin what its about.

While I'm still on the first page, my mom rushes in and says, "Time to go sweety. We might be late."

"Okay, I'll be right out." I walk to the bathroom and check my hair. It's dry enough that it won't stain the car, and wet enough that it will be damp when I get to school.

I walk out to the car, and get in. The ride to school was uneventful, like the whole morning already. 

But when I got to school, said bye to mom, and went inside to my locker to get my things, stuff changed.