Tank's Treats (Tank x Reader Bakery AU)

Walking down Main Street, you spot the perfect place for a break. You've been walking around all morning looking for a part time job for while you're at college. The last couple interviews went well, but you weren't super confident you'd land the jobs. Regardless, your stomach gurgled softly as you entered the bakery in front of you.

"Tank's Treats, what a weird name for a bakery? Is it military themed?" You wonder as you pull open the door and are immediately met with the smells of flour, sugar, and lemon.

Behind the counter looms a seven foot figure wearing a ruffled apron, reflective visor, welding gloves, and name tag that read "Tank". Oh.

As you approach the counter, you notice a "Help Wanted" sign. Might as well apply here while you eat.

"Can I get a tear gas tiramisu, and an application to work here?" you ask, breaking your neck to look into his reflective eye piece. He nods and gestures to a pile of papers next to the register.

"My team is taking a much needed vacation right now, so we're looking for one extra hand," he says as he plates your order.

"Fortunately, I have two," you joke, grabbing the tiramisu and paper he hands you. A soft chuckle sounds from behind his face mask.

You take your things and sit at an empty table near the window. It would be fun to work here. Tank seems really nice, and it's not far from campus. As you finish with the application, you feel a large presence behind you. Turning around, you become face to face with Tank's hand.

You pass him the forms, and he glances over them quickly. Returning to behind the counter, he says "You can start today. I'll get you an apron."

~time skip brought to you by Riot's dreads~

As you put the final ingredients into the mixer for tomorrow's batch of frosting, the mixer suddenly starts to shake violently, knocking over a carton of eggs. As you lunge forward to stop the eggs from falling off the counter, a large gloved hand grabs the mixer, turning it off. "Thought you needed some help." rumbles a voice from behind. You are suddenly very aware that Tank's chest is pressed against the back of your head. You turn around to say thank you, but when you try to look up, all you can see is his covered jawline. Damn he's fucking huge.

Stepping back, Tank returns to wiping down the counters. It's gotten pretty dark out, you think to yourself. Even the street lights have been turned on. Your dorm isn't that far, but you'd better get going soon so you don't have to walk too far in the pitch black.

As you hang up your apron for the day, Tank walks up behind you. "How are you getting home?"

"Oh, my college isn't very far, so I was just going to walk. It's not that dark yet," you say, noticing that it seems to have gotten even later than you thought.

"Nonsense," rumbles Tank as he folds his arms. "If your walking home, I'm walking with you. It's way too dark, and you need to be safe."

With that, he too hung up his apron. Then, grabbing your shoulders, he walks you to the door. Once outside, he finishes locking up, then looks down to face you. Nodding in the direction of your college campus, he pulls out his phone, turns the flashlight on, and starts walking.

His legs are so much longer than yours, so you have to sort of jog to keep up. Noticing your struggle, he stops and looks down. Without a word, he picks you up and carries you piggy back the rest of the way.

Upon reaching your dorm building, Tank sets you down gently and hands you a paper. "What's this?" You ask, once again hurting your neck to face his face mask.

"Your schedule. I'll see you tomorrow."

With that, he turns around and walks off of campus, leaving you blushing outside your room.