Ice Pack (Faceless x Reader Coffee Shop AU)

Early sunshine pokes through the trees as you coast your way to a stop outside the local cafe you work at. Biking to work this early in the morning is so relaxing. Birds chirp as you unlock the cafe's doors and turn on the lights. Putting your belongings in the back and grabbing your apron, you begin properly opening the store.

Once everything is ready, you make sure the door is unlocked for customers, and then return to behind the counter. At this point the sun is almost fully up, and outside looks bright and cheery. Mmm, maybe I'll go read in the park after work, you daydream. Thoughts of sitting in the grass and the smell of sweet air fill your mind. However, the sharp ring of the welcome bell and a loud smack shake you out of your trace.

Looking to the door, you witness quite possibly the largest man you've even seen curse profusely while rubbing his forehead. He's dressed in all black running gear, a baseball cap, and a pure black mask that covers his entire face. The light hanging from the ceiling nearest to him is swinging back and forth. Ah, so this big bitch hit the light.

Said behemoth of a man strides forward, still rubbing his head. He stops in front of the register and you walk over, saying "Hi, welcome to the cafe! What can I get for you?"

"Could I get an oat milk latte," he says, sounding vaguely in pain. You nod, because your voice suddenly stopped working when you realized you were basically eye level with this giant's chest. Woo, did it get hot in here?

The masked man then crouches down and looks at the baked goods. "Oh, and a croissant? Those look delicious right now."

Again, you nod. Your mind can think of other things he can eat, and suddenly your throat is drier than the Sahara desert.

"Thanks honey, and could those be for here?" He says, straightening up again, narrowly missing the other light fixtures above him. "Sure, I'll bring it out to you," you croak, turning to get started on his latte.

He sits down at a window seat, and once again rubs his forehead. He really must have really smacked it, you think as you steam the oat milk. You make a simple heart on top of his drink, and then grab a plate for his croissant. Carefully, you carry both out to him.

Setting down his order in front him, you smiling brightly. Just then, an idea hits you. Before this masked man can say anything, you run to the back room and come back with an ice pack in hand.

"Oh, thanks so much sweetheart! I keep smacking my dumb ass head on things, I'm pretty sure I've got a permanent bruise," he laughs, taking the ice pack from you and pressing it against his forehead.

"Haha, I can imagine!" you giggle, turning back towards the counter. As you resume your trek to the register, you can feel his gaze on your back. When you look back, even though his face is covered, you make eye contact with him. Oooh this man is gonna make me act up!

Two hours and a latte refill later, the masked goliath calls you over to his table. At this point, the cafe is getting busier, but at least your shift is almost done.

"Thank you again for the coffee and ice pack, babes. Could I get my check?" He says. Even sitting down, he can basically make perfect eye contact with you. Dude is huge.

"Sure, just give me a few seconds to run and grab it!" You say cheerfully. Again, walking back to the register. Quickly checking the time, you see you can are done in 5 minutes. Woohoo, park time!

Returning to the masked man, you hand him his check, and he hands you the correct amount of change.After processing his payment, you hand him the receipt and grab his dishes to clean in the back. Before you can return to the counter again though, he stops you.

"Before I leave, could I get your number?"

Your mind goes blank, but somehow you spit out all nine digits for him to put in his phone. He doesn't ask for your name for the contact, and you can see he listed you as "Ice Ice Baby".

While you can't see his face, you know he's grinning when he stands to leave. Before he heads out, he looks back at you and waves. You feel a slight vibration in your pocket, and something tells you you now have this giant's phone number.

Screw the park, there are better things to be doing this lovely morning.