Shh! (Riot x Reader)

"Ok, so why do you need these books again?"

You're half way through writing your final thesis for English 202 this semester, but you need even more reference books. In the beginning, you thought you had too many primary sources, but as you continued to write and research, you found yourself lacking solid statistical data.

"The main purpose of getting these books is to back up what I've already written," you say to Riot. You aren't really sure why he insisted on coming with you on your trip to the university's library, but you also aren't about to complain about extra help.

Looking up at your masked friend, you hand him a slip of paper with call numbers on it. "These are half the books I think should help."

"Jesus, woman, there's 20 books in this list! Are you writing some kind of manifesto?"

While you can't see through his visor, you can tell he smiled widely when he said that. You smile jokingly back, punching him softly on the arm.

"Come on, you know I'm a try-hard in all my classes! Plus I'm not even sure all these books will have the data I need."

You walk in step with Riot as you make your way to the main hub of the library. It's the noisiest part, which doesn't mean much. You still could probably hear a pin drop. Riot's boots are the loudest sound, followed closely by your own shoes clacking as they hit the marble floor.

"Ok," you whisper, "most of your books are going to be that way."

You point towards the south end of the library. This section has the big stacks, and you know all the books are too high for you to reach. Thus, you purposefully gave this job to Riot, as he is taller than you. Plus, the stacks are kind of dark and scary, so you feel better not going there by yourself.

"My books are all in the East and North sections. If you can't find one of the books, don't worry about it. Let's meet back here in 45 minutes with whatever we can find."

With that, you and Riot go in opposite directions, each clutching a slip of paper. As you head towards the East book shelves, you look back at Riot's retreating figure. Damn. Long dreadlocks and one hell of an ass, could he get any hotter?

Blushing, you continue your pursuit of reference books. Stop thinking about him that way. He probably is only helping you because he thinks of you as a sister. Still, even after finding five of your sources, you can't stop imagining what it would be like to be with Riot in the stacks. It's quite dim, and each aisle is pretty secluded. No one would probably hear us...

Stop, he's just a friend. You tell yourself as you grab the last book on your list. Checking your phone for the time, you realize an hour has already past. You quickly walk to the main hub again, but you don't see Riot anywhere. You'd think he'd be easy to spot, what with the helmet, body armor, and hair sticking everywhere.

You wait another five minutes before concluding he probably got lost in the stacks. Luckily, you saved a complete list of all the books you wanted on your phone before coming to the library. Checking the list, you head towards the south end of the library to look for Riot.

When you pass each of the call numbers that should have your book, you notice an empty space each time. Guess he found them all, that's good at least. Just before your reach the final bookshelf, you sense someone following you. Looking at the ground, you see a shadow coming behind you. You whip around, and are immediately wrapped in two extremely strong arms. They grip you tightly and pull you upwards, forcing you arms around your captors neck. Any anxiety you felt about some stranger following you are gone when you realize your face is buried in dreadlocks.

"I was so worried!" says Riot as he sets you back down onto the ground. "I finished early so I went to check the books out for you. When I got back I didn't see you, so I waited, but when you still didn't appear I thought you had gotten lost in the stacks!"

You smile, relieved that you had found Riot again. But something was off.

"Wait, if you were waiting in the hub, how come I didn't see you when I came 15 minutes late?"

From behind his mask, Riot chuckles softly as he leans his head down slightly and steps forward. Your back presses against the book case behind you.

"So maybe part my story was a lie. Maybe once I realized how...secluded that stacks are I wanted to bring you here," he says slowly, lifting yo his right arm to create a sort of cage with his body.

"Maybe," he continues softly. "I could see you the entire time."

A shiver runs down your spine as he whispers into your ear. Are you dreaming? Is this real life?

"I-uh," you sputter, very flustered by just how close Riot has gotten to you in a matter of seconds.

"Maybe," he continues, his mask pressed against your ear. "I came with you here with full intentions to tell you something."

Your heart feels like it's going to explode. Riot has now fully pressed himself against you, trapping you against the books behind you. You can feel his muscles flexing as he once again picks you up, this time swinging your legs around his waist. Again, your back meets the books.

"And just maybe," Riot whispers through his mask, the vibrations tickling your ear and neck. "What I want to tell you is," he readjusts his grip, bouncing you a bit, "I...like...you."

Your face blushes bright red when he says this. Although you normally are quick witted, not a single word can come out of your mouth. Riot, sexy spec ops man, trusted friend, likes you? You must be dreaming.

"Are you gonna say anything? I just confessed and your silent."

Riot cocks his head to the side, and from the tone in his voice you can tell he's very concerned with what you have to say in response to his confession."

"I-uh, well, uh," you sputter for a second. You really like him too, but your brain is short circuiting because of the...position you guys are in. After stuttering like an idiot for a few minutes, your brain finally gets the memo.

"I like you too, Riot."

You hear a huge sigh of relief come from behind his mask. With your confession matching his, he pulls you close again, resting his helmet on your shoulder.

I want to stay like this forever.