CHAPTER 2

Pulling into the parking lot of Camp Rock in their mom's catering truck, Y/N and Mitchie lean forward in their seats trying to see everything at once.

There were a group of kids exiting a bus, with one of the boys playing a beat on the side of it. There was even a limo, making the two curious as to who was in there. The cabins were all lined up next to each other, each with a yellow porch facing the fire pit in the center of camp. The lake was beautiful with the sun reflected off of it, canoes and kayaks sitting on the beach with the boat launch next to them.

"We're here!" Y/N exclaims, her eyes wide with excitement.

"Yeah, are you guys excited?" Connie replies, happy to see her daughters happy.

"A little," Mitchie replies, "ok a lot, yes major. Thank you mom, we are going to have so much fun here."

Seeing movement out of the corner of her eye, Y/N turns her head to see a blond girl her age exit the limo. She was wearing a purple top with jeans, a purse hanging from her shoulder.

"Wow," Mitchie exclaims in awe.

"Yeah, wow," Y/N repeats with awe at how she must be famous to have arrived in a limo.

..................................................

"Ok," their mom announces as she opens the door to their cabin. "Girls, let's get settled in."

Y/N and Mitchie walked to the two beds next to each other. Setting their luggage on the beds, they both announced, " settled," at the same time.

Laughing, their mom sets her cookbooks on the coffee table in the little sitting area.

"That's great," a new voice says having heard the girls announced being settled. "Brown Cessario, camp director/founding member and base guitarist of the Wet Crows and you must be Connie Torres, our new cook."

"That's me," she replies not noticing her daughters leave the cabin. "And these are my daughters....who are already gone."

"Ah," Brown replies waving it off, "no worries, they probably just wanted to get out there and get to it, you know what I mean. When the music calls, you go to answer."

Laughing Connie says, "I can't wait for you to meet them though. They both have wonderful voices. Look at me, I'm already bragging."

"Aye, you got to brag love, learned that from the Mickster."

"You knew Mick Jagger?" she asks in disbelief.

"Yeah," he replies, "backed him up for years. Great times. But not as great as the time with Aerosmith."

...................................................

While their mom talks with the camp director, Y/N and Mitchie makes their way to where the rest of the campers are. Multiple people had their instruments out, filling the air with music. Walking in between suitcases, a boy with drumsticks in hand, taps his drumsticks against them, creating a sick beat. Following the boy, Y/N and Mitchie find themselves towards the bottom of a huge
stage. Walking backwards while looking around, Mitchie couldn't see she was about to run into someone. Before Y/N had a chance to warn her, Mitchie had already bumped into the blonde from earlier.

"Sorry," Mitchie exclaims, turning to face her. "I didn't—I didn't see you there."

"Obviously," the girl replies in a rude tone before walking away.

Y/N scrunches up her face as the blonde walks away, not happy with how she responded.

A laugh was heard, making her turn her head to notice a girl sitting on the stage with a floral print shirt on, looking at her.

Walking over Y/N greets her. "Hi, I'm Y/N and this is my older sister Mitchie."

"Hey I'm Caitlyn. Camper today, top music producer tomorrow."

Laughing Y/N nods, knowing she'll be great friends with her.

Mitchie points behind her at the blonde. "Who was that?"

"That's Tess Tyler, the diva of Camp Rock."

"Is she really good?" Mitchie asks.

"She's good at trying to hard to be good. Understandable because her mom is TJ Tyler."

Y/N's and Mitchie's eyes widen. "The TJ Tyler?" Mitchie asks for them both. "She's got like a trillion Grammies."

"Uh, a trillion and one, I think."

"So off the subject of the "diva"," Y/N raises her fingers and do the air quote motion, "can we hear some of your music?" she asks indicating to the computer next to Caitlyn.

"Yeah sure. Check me out." She clicks on her computer, before a sick beat pounds out the speakers.

"Nice," Y/N says when it ended.

A preppy red haired women runs on stage, ending the girls' conversation. "Hi gang. I'm Deela Duke, the musical director here at Camp Rock."

A chorus of "Hi Dee" echos from the audience.

"Here at Camp Rock we," she sings the next word, "sing. So let's hear that again."

"Hi Dee," is sung from the group of campers, a little off pitch.

"Sounds good, a little pitchy in some places but we'll fix that by the final jam."

Two boys climb on the stage behind Dee, beatboxing. "Hey," they shout, "we here to rock it out, at least I know I am, we gonna be the winners of the major Final Jam, holla, holla, put your hands up."

As the two boys rap, Y/N and everyone else raise their hands and bobs their heads to the lyrics.

"Ok, ok," Dee laughs, stopping the boys, "settle down you guys."

The boys jump off the stage, one stopping in front of Caitlyn to preform what seems to be their hand shake.

"Ok, this summer is not just about the Final Jam. We have a lot of work to do. You're gonna get new music skills, you're gonna find your sound, create your own style. Holla," she says with her hands in front of her pointed down. The campers laugh a little. "Figure who you want to be as an artist, and most of all, have fun!" She shouts, a smile on her face. Y/N and Mitchie clap with everyone else, knowing this is going to be their best summer yet.

"And," Dee announces, pointing to the boy who had his drumsticks out, "drum roll please." He walks next to Dee's feet, taping his drumsticks against the stage. "For the first time, we are going to be joined at camp with a very special celebrity instructor." Everyone waits, wanting to know who it was.

"Shane Gray!"