The kiss

Betty pov
I wake up to my mother yelling at me to go downstairs. I'm not in the mood. I get changed and climb out my window, and down the side of the house. I'm not going to risk the front door. I go over to Archies'. Veronica answers the door in nothing but Archies top. "B!" she says. "V!, What are you doing here. Judging by your outfit, I think I know already!" We both laugh at this. "Ronnie, who is it?" "It's Just Betty, Arch." "Oh good." He says and enters the room in nothing but shorts. By the look he give V I can tell that he likes seeing her in his shirt. "Before you guys jump each others bones again, I need your help." I explain my current predicament to them and then they try to give me some places that I can work, but I decline all of them as my mum goes there too regularly and will know that I don't work at the school. That's the problem with small towns like riverdale and not many professional places will hire a 19 year old. I need to find somewhere that my mom doesn't go and is willing to hire someone with my little amount of experience. "BETTY!" are you even listening to me Veronica says... "OMG" it's just comes to me. "Guys, I got to go, cover for me if my mom comes over and say I'm at the school." "Sure", they say in unison.

I get on a bus that will take me where I need to go. I hop of at my stop and take a moment to think how I'm going to do this. I walk up to the White Wyrm, I am wearing blue denim jeans and a white frilly midrift. I make my way through the entrance and over too the bar. Behind it is a girl with pink hair and a small, tight black dress. She is cleaning glasses, as I approach her she looks up at me and scoffs. "You lost" she, phrases it more like a statement than a question, which only draws to the fact that I don't belong here. "No. I'm not lost, just looking for a..." I'm interrupted by someone yelling, "Cousin Betty!" I look behind me and there is Cheryl walking up to me. She embraces me in a hug and then goes around the bar to kiss the girl with the pink hair. "Cheryl, I didn't know you were..." "Gay?" "No! I was going to say I didn't know you were a serpent." "Well I'm not officially, I'm just, dating one. "Hi I'm Tony." "Betty" I reply. Cheryl looks at me and asks what I'm doing here and I tell her I'm looking for a job at the bar. Cheryl looks at Tony and says "TT please let my Betty work here!" "Umm, it's not that I want to say no, but I don't have the authority to just hire someone. You have to talk to the Kin..." she trails off at the end. "OMG" she starts to say "Your the one from yesterday right?!" "Guilty" I say embarrassed. "Well of course you can have a job here. It would be my honour." I wondered what had changed her mind, but frankly I wasn't inclined to ask, I needed money and fast." "So when can you start?" She asks me. "NOW!" We all laugh and she begins to show me where everything is and how to make the regulars and then the more complicated drinks. Bye the time she has finished showing me everything that I need to know about bar tedding we chat together and it has been nearly 3 hours.

Jugheads pov
I begin to walk up the steps from the White Wyrm basement. After a brutal interrogation of a member of the Ghoolies from yesterday, I want to go wash the blood of my hands and face. I reach the top of the stairs and I see Betty in the bar with Tony and her girlfriend. I run up the stairs to the bedroom I have above the bar. It has a bathroom, bed and a set of draws. I wash myself up in the shower, removing all traces of blood. I change into one of the many 'S'
T-shits that I have in the draws. And make my way downstairs. There is betty at the bar, her back is to me and she's laughing with Tony. "Hey" I say, I'm surprised by how different my voice sounds, it's soft and endearing. "Hey" Betty says. "Um what are you doing here, not that I'm complaining or upset, um just. I didn't know you would be here." I say. Tony looks at me like I have too heads, I know it's because frankly mabey I do, I'm a completely different person around Betty. "I work here, I'm a bartender!" "I didn't hire you." I grumble and look towards Tony. "I thought you'd want her here. I thought that you were a 'thing'." Betty giggles at that. Sweat pea walks up to the bar and asks for 'tequila hold the worm', Tony is demonstrating to Betty how to make the drink. She clearly can't focus because he's making sexual remarks about her. She's too polite to say anything to him, so she just smiles nervously. "Shut up sweet pea." He clearly hadn't realised I was there. "Sorry King." He gulps hard, grabs his drink and returns back to his random hook-up.

Tony says to me "You sure your not together she says." I look up to see Betty putting on her jacket, I look at her and she responds to my non verbal question, "I have to go guys, I'll see you tomorrow." "Do you need a lift?" I say not making eye contact. "That would be great!" She reply's, quite frankly I'm relieved and excited.

Bettys pov
"Can we take the bike?" I ask. "Sure" he reply's and chuckles. He sits on the bike and I sit behind him and sit closer to him than I did yesterday. I wrap my arms around his waist and place my head on is shoulder. The helmets however prevent me from getting to close so I pull my head back. He senses that and he won't have it so he takes of his helmet and gestures me to put my head back on his shoulder.

We pull up in the place we did yesterday. I hop of the bike and so does jughead. The helmet is stuck in my head and he helps me get it off. "So much for graceful' I say. "Beautiful" he mutters. My heart skips a beat. I am undoubtedly falling for him. I lean in, his soft lips touch mine and he holds my face in a loving endearing way. I put my hands through his hair, pushing his face closer to mine. We find a rhythm and start to go at it more ferociously, our tongues lick each other senseless and I can feel my face getting bright red. We slow down and pull apart. "You sure know how to drop girls home," I say. "Not girls, just the girl." I flush and he kisses me again.

Jughead pov
I get back on the Harley and drive to my trailer. I was feeling extremely euphoric about what just happened. It's been half and hour and I already miss her. But what is she to me, hook-up, fluke...girlfriend? I'm confused. Really confused, I down a six pack of beer in about 4 hours and by then I'm highly intoxicated. And fall asleep

Betty pov
I'm about to walk past Archies house, when someone comes up behind me and pulls an ITonya and smashes in my kneecaps. Before I can scream they cover my mouth with a dirty cloth. Next thing I know is that I pass out cold.

I wake up in a room tied to an old wooden chair. I try to stand but the second I apply any weight to my legs I scream in pain. "Shuuuut-up," the blond women who was in the bar two days ago walks into the room. "What do you want." I say through the large lump in my throat and the tears that I can't stop producing. "We don't want you, we want your boyfriend." She says as if kidnapping someone is no big deal. "I don't have a boyfriend." "Don't lie to me bitch!" "Please let me go." I can't stop crying, but I don't care, I just want jughead.

Jugheads pov
I wake up earlier than usual, because I know Betty starts at 4:30am. I leave the trailer around five and get to the bar at 5:10. I practically rush into the door, I know people are looking at me but I don't care. There is a person bending down at the bar. "Hey" I say. She turns around, "Hi king." "Tony? Where's Betty." "I wouldn't know, she was supposed to be here 40 minutes ago, does she know that being late on her fist day is not exactly a great first impression." "I've been on the night shift since 8:00 and I'm exhausted." "Jaquine! Mind the bar will you, and Tony go home." I walk over to sweat pea who undoubtedly has been here all night. "Hey sweat pea, have you seen Betty come in at all." "No jug why?" She has a shift but hasn't come in yet." "Sorry man, I can't help you." I decide even though it's risky that I will go to her house to make sure she got home ok.

I walk up to the house I saw her go into two days ago. I knock on the door, nobody answers, despite my better instinct I walk around to the back of the house. To my luck the back door is unlocked. I walk through, one world described this house, 'perfect'. I walk upstairs to the left is Bettys bedroom. It doesn't look like her beds been slept in. I rush out of her room and exit the house.

I arrive back at the bar. "Serpents, listen-up!" They all quiet down and come around me, "Get prepped, we are attacking Ghoolies territory, I believe they have something that belongs to me and I want it back. We leave in 5." I see most if the serpents are stunned by my outburst, but I don't care, I just want Betty back. I run up the stairs to my office where I grab the gun in my bottom desk draw. I descend down the stairs. All the serpents are in possession of knives, guns or other lethal weapons. "This is going to be a stealth operation, in and out, we do not leave until I get her." Then and there everyone now realised who I'm talking about, and they seemed more ready than ever to fight. "Serpents let's ride!"