Chapter 19

Bryce's POV
"Bryce?....Bryce?......BRYCE!" I woke up to Ana screaming at me. "What?" I asked annoyed that she woke me up. I quickly checked the clock. 7:37. Shit.

"Lucas wake up Bud. We gotta go." I quickly woke up Lucas and got up. I got out an outfit from my dresser for me and I'll shower on Addison's room so I can save time.

I drove to the house with Lucas and told him to go take a quick shower and I'll get clothes for him. I picked out something for him to wear to school and then jumped in the shower on Addi's room.

After I got dressed I went downstairs to make Lucas a bowl of cereal for breakfast. "Lucas! Breakfast!" I yelled up the stairs. "I'm coming!" He yelled back.

After a couple minutes later Lucas was shoving cereal in his mouth. "Slow down kid, I wanted to make sure you had time to eat." I told him while making some coffee and putting it into travel mugs for Addison and her parents. I know hospital coffee taste like trash.

"All done!" Lucas jumped up when he finished his cereal. I washed his bowl and grabbed his school bag. Oh how easy life was in first grade.

We drove to school bumping out to some music and when we got there he unbuckled himself gave me a hug and we did our best buds handshake.

"Have fun today, Bud. I'll pick you up and we'll get chick-fil-a for Addi since she didn't get to enjoy it yesterday." He smiled at me.

"You are the coolest brother ever!" He said as the staff member at the school opened up the door for him. "Bye, Bryce!" Lucas jumped out of the car.

"You must really love your brother if you got up this early to drop him off." The girl who opened Lucas's door hung through my passenger window.

"Yeah, he missed school yesterday because his sisters in the hospital. I told his parents I'd bring him on the way back there this morning." I answered.

"I think it's hot that you care about him. Why is your sister in the hospital?" I chuckled when I realized she was trying to flirt with me.

"As I said before, it's his sister. She's my girlfriend. She had appendix surgery yesterday and she's gonna be in there for the rest of the week. What time do I need to be back to pick him up?" I asked.

"2 o'clock. I'm Abby by the way. Maybe we should go out sometime." She said clearly not getting the hint.

"I'm Bryce, and still taken. My girlfriend is in the hospital and I'm just doing her parents a favor bringing her brother to school. I'll be back at 2 o'clock." I pulled off after finishing my sentence.

I was about to go to the hospital but then I remembered. Ana. I can't leave her again. I texted Sheri and told her that Lucas is at school and I'll be there a little later. She texted back and said that Addison hadn't woken up yet so if I get there early enough I could see her open the necklace.

Pulling up to Sway I heard laughing from the gym. I got out of the car and walked over to our gym to see Ana over Quinton's shoulder and her laughing for him to put her down.

"Okay what's going on between you two? First last night now this? Are either of you tell me what's going on?" I asked them. They both stopped dead in their tracks.

"Bryce...I thought you were gonna be with Addison. What are you doing here?" Ana tried to change the subject.

"No, no, no, don't change this around. What's going on?" I asked again. "We're just friends, Bryce." Ana said as Quinton put her down.

"Oh yeah, where have I heard that before?" I joked knowing that's what Addison and I were telling everybody knowing that we meant more to each other.

"Yeah okay but we mean it. You and Addison had been talking for months lying to yourselves saying you were just friends we met yesterday." Ana said with this look on her face that said stop talking.

"I'm going to the hospital, do you guys wanna come?" I asked them.

"Can we all come?" Josh asked as all the boys came out to the gym. "Yeah we wanna know if she's okay." Anthony said with Griffin, Kio, and Jaden behind him.

"She's our friend too, and I'm sure the girls would love to see her too?" Jaden butted in.

"I'll ask her mom if she could have that many people." I said. They all started cheering and went inside.

hey momma, the boys wanna know if we can bring the girls and come to visit addi.
-My Daughters Boyfriend 🙃

yeah she hasn't woken up yet but hopefully she'll be up by the time you all get here. can you bring coffee please?
-My Baby's Momma 🧿👄🧿

already on it. we'll be there soon.
-My Daughter's Boyfriend 🙃

I remade the coffee because it would be cold by now and we were all piled into 3 cars. Me, Ana, Quinton and Kio in my car. Jaden, Mads, Josh, and Nessa in Jaden's car. Griffin, Dixie, Anthony, and Avani in Griffin's car.

The lady at the front desk looked at us with wide eyes when we all walked through the door.

"You brought some friends today, Bryce?" She asked me. "Yeah they haven't seen her in a few days I asked her mom and she said it was fine." I answered.

We all got our stickers and went up to her room. "Good Morning. I come barring hot coffee." I said greeting them hugging her parents and handing them the coffee.

"Thank you, coffee here taste so bad." Monty said. "When you said everyone, you meant everyone." She laughed.

"Sorry." I laughed. I sat down Addi's bed, placed a light kiss on her lips and brushed her hair out of her face. "Good morning Babygirl." I said to her. She smiled and her eyes fluttered open. "Hi" and kissed me again.

I laid down next to her and she saw everyone that came. "Hey Addi, how you feeling babe?" Avani asked her.

"Aww you all came? I'm doing alright just a little sore now." Addi said taking a sip from the coffee I brought her then put her head down on my shoulder as I put my arm around her....mine.

"Did you open your gift yet?" I asked as she checked her phone. She looked up at me confused. I reached over her and grabbed the box with the necklace in it.

"Bryce. You didn't have to get me anything. What is this even for?" She asked as I handed her the box.

"It's not for anything. I saw it and thought you would love it. I bought it the day after we got to Maryland." I watched as she opened the box.

"Bryce, thank you so much. I love it." She said planting a kiss on my cheek.

Hey y'all sorry I haven't been posting this story as much. There will be more soon!