Chapter Seven (Finale)

"If you want to walk out, say the word and I'll whisk you away." - Roy to Beatrice.

I dedicate this chapter to my friend who always remind me to use my brain. Thank you, Krissie.

Finale  OST - 'Satellite' by SALTNPAPER.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Beatrice didn't know what happened, but the next thing she knew, she was pinned on the backseat as Roy loomed over her body, trailing gentle kisses along her neck.

She squeezed her swelling red eyes, a result of sudden emotional outburst in bawling out ten minutes prior this. Her mind alerted that this was wrong, to do an act that crossed the line as someone else's lover. But how can a broken person really cope with betrayal and anger?

How can he do this, after knowing how fragile and vulnerable I can be? How does a person be that evil, that vile and that weak to not tell the truth?

She bit her lower lip and tried to suppressed the moan that threatened to escape her throat. Roy as his lips trailed lower to the sweet spot of her collarbone as she writhed under his heated body, her hands clasped tighter by his.

Liam was a liar. A liar. A liar.

Roy bit on her skin and an involuntary yelp escaped her lips. The bad thought disappeared momentarily and are replaced by the familiar feeling of a hot wave rippling throughout her body. She remembered feeling this way many years ago, when both of them used to sneak out as the clock struck ten, to the deep inside of her manor's unoccupied greenhouse whenever Roy paid a visit to Paris for his studies.

"God, I fucking missed you so much," Roy groaned lowly, his voice hoarse with emotions as he brought his face to look at her eyes, "How the fuck did I let you go just like that?"

Beatrice said nothing as she fisted his collar, wrenching his lips into hers in a passionate, heated kiss. Their kiss spoke of longing, of desire--- a forbidden combination for a woman who have promised her devotion to someone else.  There was no hint of lust dripping from their gentle touch or moans, but instead, it felt like one of those moment when anything outside the car didn't exist, limited by time.

And both of them were determined to squeeze every second of it.

Beatrice's heart was beating so fast in her chest, in anger or fear--- as she savoured Roy's longing desire in her lips, pulling a fistful of his dark hair as Roy kissed back harder. She didn't care, no. She don't think she cares what's what anymore.

"No," Roy suddenly stopped and pulled away, averting his gaze away regrettably. The truth of the scene just started to dawn on him.

"What?" Beatrice said breathlessly as she watched Roy.

"This isn't right," Roy said, but didn't make any effort to move. "You're engaged, this is unfair to Liam."

Beatrice wanted to laugh, unfair, he said?

The only thing that was terribly unfair was how Liam had fooled both her and the whole world for all these years. Lying about his background as an orphan, and about his relationship with the workers there, lying about how he wanted to buy that cafe to open his own chain, lying about the unknown number who had dialed him numerous times, lying about his true past and identity.

He's an ex-convict. She's dating someone that went against the law once, and she barely couldn't bury all the disgust inside.

But most heart wrenching of it all, he lied about the true identity of Reyna Han. Beatrice still couldn't comprehend, how someone could be so sly to mask all of the hidden emotions behind a poker faced facade upon returning to someone he once loved and left, without showing any single hint of guilt. Except for the ring, a rookie slip up he terribly had made.