Nuh-uh. I've still got a bucket list.

I raised an eyebrow as the twins both turned to look at me. Connor still held up Zara.

No-one moved, and I looked back and forth from twin to twin with my eyes wide, as if to say "are you moving first, or am I?"

Connor shifted from foot to foot, watching the standoff. Then, the twins both looked at each other and stood down, moving to either side of the door.

I narrowed my eyes at them but shifted closer to Zara, turning to look at Connor. He looked torn and shocked. He looked at me then sighed, and handed over Zara.

"Thank you. Thank you all." I said as I supported Zara with an arm under her shoulders and started to make my way towards the door. One of the twins stopped me with an arm and lowered their mask down. 

A boys face stared back at me, golden skin accompanying the bright eyes.

"Don't forget us." He said slowly. I nodded at him and made him a promise with my eyes, that I would come back. I turned and looked at Connor and then the other twin before turning back and limping out the door. We managed to make it out into the wilderness pretty far before we heard any alarms. Once I did, I started running through the forest, ignoring the shooting pains through my leg, as I dragged Zara with me.

As soon as I was far enough from the Agency building I was able to contact Alina, the mental block had been lifted.

Alina, come and get us?

Of course. Good to hear from you. I'm on my way.

Sure enough, in a couple of minutes, I heard beating wings above me and Alina landed, perched on the ground. She lowered her body so I could lift Zara on, then I vaulted up and hoisted myself across her back.

To the palace.

The palace?

I'm sorry Alina, I know you don't like the place, but we have to get there. They need to know the plan to take over the Kingdoms.

It's okay. We're going.

About an hour later, we arrived at the palace. Alina lowered herself onto the lawn, and I jumped off, leaving Zara slumped on the dragon.

Very quickly hordes of guards came running out, ready to attack. Down the middle of these troops walked the Kings and Mikaeyl.

They looked shocked that I was here of my own free will.

"I know, I know, what has the world come to? Trust me I'd rather be anywhere but here, but I have some important news" I spoke out as soon as they were close enough.

"What, you've escaped and now come back with a hostage?" Asked Blake with an eyebrow raised.

"What?! - No she's not - She's a - they kept her-" I spluttered looking for the right words "You know what, nevermind. No, I was kidnapped by the Agency." Shocked gasps were heard across the lawn, but the Royals only looked more suspicious. 

"Seriously, I promise." I tried again.

"Why would we trust your words?" Mikaeyl asked me.

"You shouldn't. In fact, 99% of the time, don't. But just this once, can we go inside and talk?" I was almost begging and this made Blake narrow his eyes and Mikaeyl think.

"Okay." Was the short response that I got from him as he motioned for guards to grab me.

Alina, let them take her. If you struggle they won't believe that we come in peace.

Okay, but if I get stuck chained down again it's your fault.

I know, I know. It's always my fault. 

How is it not!? You're the one that keeps bringing me to these places.

I was dragged into the building, and Zara was taken off the back of Alina and into the medical ward of the building.

I was shoved into another room with a table and two chairs, a typical interrogation room.

Mikaeyl and Blake walked in, sat down, and looked at me expectantly.

"You're not going to believe me," I repeated, "but the agency kidnapped me. They used Zara to blackmail me to give weaknesses of other species." I tried to stare into their eyes to convey my seriousness

"And? Did you?" Blake asks as if playing along with my game.

"That's not the important part! These people are trying to launch an attack on you, and you're more concerned if I gave away well-known secrets to save myself." I protested, pulling against the handcuffs that enclosed my wrist. 

Blake raised an eyebrow. 

"It sounds like you told someone who you believe is a threat to your kind the key to destroying everyone," Blake said testingly.

"That's what you focus on? Listen to what you just said 'a threat to our kind' - and you're not doing anything about it.' I yelled, angry now, as I jumped from my seat and slam my hands on the table. I could feel my eyes started to glow.

Mikaeyl just stared back at her, surprisingly silent. I just flicked from one silent, emotionless face to the other. 

They wouldn't react like this. The first instance of threat and they did everything they could to defend their people - it didn't matter who told them.

"You already knew, didn't you?" I asked, quietly, reluctantly. It hurt me to ask, but I knew the answer would be harder. 

"You found out their plans, and as a deal, you decided to give them what they want - me." I ventured out, laughing drily.

This betrayal ran deeper than I ever thought it could, and the hurt hit harder than I ever believed. 

I had just gained a brother, and his first action against me was to hand me off as a peace trade. 

"I mean, I didn't expect much. I just found out you were my brother, but apparently, that doesn't matter. But I always believed that you would do what was best for the kingdom."

"I did what was best for the people," Mikaeyl replied coldly, anger dancing in his eyes. 

"I am your people," I told him, smiling a sad, ironic smile. My voice was barely a whisper, laced with cracked hurt.

But apparently, I belonged nowhere.