1

╔═══*.·:·.✧    ∞    ✧.·:·.*═══╗
'PIGGY BACK'
╚═══*.·:·.✧    ∞    ✧.·:·.*═══╝

Hattie had been following Teddy since he stormed out of their apartment after a stupid argument over what to watch on the TV. He was moody like that, he was just that type of person and it was sibling nature they were bound to have stupid fallouts.

She turned a corner and spotted him in his grey hoodie and black shorts, he never wore anything different probably because of his somber mood- they had to correlate with his mood.

She took off in a sprint, no hesitation on running, and jumped on his back. Her arms locked over his shoulders and round his neck, her head resting between his shoulder blades.

Rudy dropped his mail to the floor and wrapped his arms around the girls thighs, to make sure that she didn't fall.

It was instinctive, he didn't even know who it was or why.

"What are you doing?" Teddy questioned his sister as he looked at her on the boys back.

She didn't even make an effort to jump down as her head turned to look across at where her brother was stood with a small smirk and folded arms.

She didn't even look embarrassed or awkward, though she knew for a fact-

-she was on a random guys back.

Rudy turned to see the voice of the boy. At first he panicked that he might be her boyfriend, and he was dead but he let out a laugh.

He looked the guy up and down once he realised he wasn't a threat and instantly noticed that he wore the exact same outfit as he.

At least now he could understand the girls confusion and why he was holding a stranger on his back as if they were best friends, dare he even say- a couple.

"Woah." Rudy muttered with a chuckle. "It's like looking in a mirror." He joked pointing to Teddy briefly before returning his firm grip back to Hattie's thigh.

What was he doing?

Hattie leaned down to the stranger and as a thankful gesture she placed a kiss on his cheek, lingering a little so that if she wore chapstick it stuck in a print upon his cleanly shaved jawline.

"Thanks for the ride, I'm Hattie." She said, she had a knowing smirk on her face and she slowly took herself down and off of his back, and he allowed her to do so; making sure she didn't fall in her last few seconds of hovering above the sidewalk.

Once the girl was safely planted upon the floor Rudy bent down to pick up his mail and on his way back up with a bundle of letters, he smiled at the brunette, one that made her feel special and-

-seen.

"I'm Rudy." He introduced and then he let out a chuckle "and this is me." He said pointing behind him at the door he was stood outside of.

Hattie took a few seconds to assess his awkward nature and then her eyes flickered to the brightly red painted door. It was one she passed usually on her walk and always admired for being obnoxious.

"Cya." Rudy said partnering his awfully awkward and high voice with a two fingered wave that looked more like a salute. He opened his door a little with an easy swing and made his way inside.

"And I'm Teddy!" Teddy shouted loudly but it was too late, the dirty blonde was already inside. "Thanks for introducing me bitchass." Teddy scoffed looking towards his sister and sending her a glare.

Hattie looked at him with a brow raise that almost screamed, oh so now you forgive me.

Hattie gave up her pouty exterior and skipped up towards Teddy, she linked her arm with her younger brother and looked up to him with glistening eyes.

"Did you think he looked sad? I think he looked sad."

"You can't make everyone happy Hattie." Teddy reminded his sister as they began to walk down the sidewalk with their arms linked.

It was a complex she had, something she wanted to do for everyone and anyone. She wanted to save people, make them smile, cause them butterflies.

And she was good at it.

"But I can try." Hattie muttered, thinking back to the boy she had jumped on top of. She began to wonder about who he was, what his life consisted of.

Then as usual her mind began to flicker to its usual place,

ways she could make the boy happy.